I am sorry if this has been posted elsewhere... but i have been working on this for about a month now..

I have talked to telus, and RIM about this no one of which has been able to help. They seem to claim that it has to do with Microsofts servers.

I did my upgrade to Telus BB OS 4.5.0.77, and Now when i go to the Telus Wap Portal, and to the windows live portal to check my Hotmail like i normally did.. I get a "The requested page cannot be displayed"

I cannot access my hotmail inbox while I am using the 4.5.0.77 OS on my phone.

I wipe it clean and revert back to 4.3.0.65 and it works like a charm i can do the above steps and it works.. Figuring the settings needed to be changed, I put 4.5.0.77 back on the phone. Again nothing.
    The only thing telus will tell me is to have my hotmail send to my blackberry. Which is not a problem but at the end of a day from work.. I might have as many as 20 emails... from my hotmail. maybe 30... mostly all junk i dont read.. point being i dont want to have to keep clearing them out all the time... unless i go into my hotmail.

Is there a fix for this..? or a reason why it works..
    I have checked all settings, changed to all emulation modes,
    disabled / enabled all the settings i can think of..
    Deleted and removed and readded the service books.
    Nothing gets this to work..

Apparently they are working on a fix for this but there is no ETA..

ANy help would be appreciated.
    01-28-09 11:24 PM
    Just a thought, have you tried changing any security settings. some of these email sites require ssl and such, not a big issue for most, but hey, worth a shot.

As far as why it would with 4.3 and not 4.5 is beyond me. Have you looked at the settings in 4.3 vs 4.5, maybe 4.5 disables something that 4.3 was automatic. Or, maybe you did something a while back and don't remember now. like I said just a thought.

Also another thought (since I have no idea, I can only give thoughts) Have you tried a battery pull after you changed the emulation, from what I can see, Blackberry would be the best, then probably Openwave (wap), again I don't know... grabbing straws here.

Also again, another thought, what is the setting in browser configuration next to Browser: Internet Browser?

Do you have everything checked that can be checked in the items below "browser"?

Don't know if I did any good here, or if you have exhausted all these already. Maybe it helped a little...

msblueline
    01-29-09 07:22 AM
    i am on Telus and a 8130 as well. Download opera mini and set a bookmark to your hotmail inbox. That's what I do since I don't seem to get every message sent to my blackberry corectly. Opera mini will save your password and login so everytime you open it your fresh inbox will be there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jasonrmorrow; 01-29-09 at 01:59 PM.
    01-29-09 01:56 PM
    Thank you for your help guys... In regards to the first post.. I have exhausted all of the options you listed.. I cannot go back to 4.3 software at all. IT erros me out. and Telus alerts me that I cannot go back.

Also i am now being told that desktop manager 4.7 does not work with the Blackberry Pearl and that currently only OS version 4.5 is supported..
    I would be assuming the desktop manager version should not matter just a thought.. Since its listed in their supported download site.

Currently I am using the Opera Broweser for my Hotmail since it is the only way it will work. I just find the opera browser a wee bit slower, and am not to keen on the Opera Browser altogether.. I wish the firefox mobile browser would come out sooner than later ( Hopefully sans memory leak like its big brother).

In any case.. I am awaiting the 8930 to come out for the Telus end. I could definitely get used to a full qwerty new curve 2 phone !

LOL
    02-07-09 05:23 PM
    There is a solution posted somewhere here, as I recall you must set your emulation to Microsoft IE. This does work though, I was frustrated with the same issue!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 10:04 AM
    DM 4.5 or 4.6 without media manager are the ones to have, DM 4.7 has too many issues still. I was using DM 4.7 last night at my friend's house to upgrade his Pearl 8130, it would only say there is no updates available. I knew this was wrong, uninstalled DM 4.7 and installed 4.6, the new OS loaded right on the device with no issues at all...
    02-08-09 10:09 AM
    Yeah its funny I wasnt thinking DM 4.7 mattered, but apparently its only for the storm. Wondering why they'd do that.?

IN any case. Went back to 4.5 DM manager last night Still no luck moving back to 4.3... I have tried all the emulation tricks with the browser, with guidance from here that I was able to find, still no go, Now I get a NON Wap 2.0 Compatible browser. or the same java error.

I was able to get further with telus thouhg in the fact that they say They are possibly going to allow me to get the NEW Niagra or Jupiter when they come out on the telus network..
    I can only cross my fingers for this release soon..!!!
    02-09-09 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD