jawbreaker4good@hotmail
    com
    11-12-09 04:41 PM
    I Upgraded my Flashed BB 8300 and Browser needs Service Books can anyone Email me the cricket Service Books?? daldrich at windstream dot net
    11-15-09 08:55 PM
    I flashed my BB8130 -- I'm able to get web, SMS, MMS but I can't set up my email. and I think that I need service books as well. Please PM me!!! Thanks.
    11-18-09 02:54 PM
    I am having the same issue with a verizon bb8330 flashed to cricket. it was working fine until i screwed it up. I need the service book for browser.
    Thank you,
    11-28-09 06:08 PM
    I need the service book too. I had my alltel bb pearl 8130 flashed for cricket months ago and I updated my phone just a few ago and next thing I know I have no WAP browser and when I click on switch applications and browser it says Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries please contact service provider. Does that mean I need the service books or will I need it flashed again? Please help.
    12-03-09 06:50 PM
    I would recommend checking out howardforums. They all are experts on this topic over there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 08:03 PM
    yep having some major issues here. Everything on a regular phone service works, sms, mms, internet through open wave browser etc. Everything that is blackberry does not. I cannot get my email sent to me via my phone, I cannot use html browser, use facebook mobile app, opera mini browser, myspace mobile and the list goes on and on. I was told when I bought this phone that all 3rd party apps worked. The phone was hard reset and bam everything went south! Had to have it flashed again, , , now all of those apps do not work anymore and I have no friggen clue as to why. That and I cannot hook my bb up to my desk top manager bcuz I am more than a noob, I'm an infant! Cept for I refuse to suck my thumb or take any crap from anyone. So please help me out here. What can be done to resolve this? I would love to have yahoo messenger working etc! Oh and this I don't get, on my branded cricket phone I do have yahoo messenger andit works fine! Why not on my bb! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    It's common knowledge that most email apps for blackberry will not work because the email apps have to go through blackberry servers. None of the apps you named work on a flashed cricket. It's something to do with the settings cricket uses and the fact they block every port except 80 and 8080. There are a few and howard forums does have a list of those apps. if you want a fully functional blackberry you are going to have to go to one of the bigger carriers such as verizion or sprint. I did read there is a pay service you can use to retrieve email on a cricket blackberry but I can't remember which one it was.

Also your blackberry browser is fully html capable. You just have to go into the browser settings and turn it on.
    12-08-09 02:10 PM
    does anybody no the website to download the flash sowtware for free?
    12-15-09 08:51 PM
    thank you
    01-30-10 01:20 AM
    Can someone help me? I had a BB 8130 thu Alltel, flashed to Cricket. Text/Voice calls work, no browser icon. Tried registering the HRT (got the Registration message sent!" but no change), Default browser config shows nothing at all. Do I just need the service books? Also, where would I get them and how would I put them on thru Desktop Manager? Please let me know as soon as you can, I feel like I just wasted a ton of money for a full flash that wasn't even a full flash, and I am considering going with a non-Blackberry phone *sniff* on a different network.
    03-31-10 03:10 PM
    I am having the same problem. Anyone have any suggestions?
    04-08-10 12:32 PM
    Method #1 works on 8130's

hxxp://forums.crackberry.com/f135/howto-get-all-features-browser-mms-working-t-mobile-w-unlocked-storm-95xx-106023/

the service books are on HoFo and other forums
    04-08-10 04:26 PM
    Notice problem with some post here

First never ever dial *228 from your flashed BB unless you plan on having your phone flashed again.

The wife works at Cricket, I just got my storm flashed.

Dialing *228 will reset your phone to original settings, thus successfully erasing your flash.

If you don't have web or mms your phone is not fully flashed and you will need to find a reputable dealer to do this for you. Ask around. Most Cricket stores that offer flashing can only do a regular or "half flash" on your BB.

Don't waste your money, go to every Cricket store in your area and ask who has the best results with flashed BBs. Ask people you know with flashed BBs what problems if any they have had with their flash.

Find a store with a long history of flashing they tend to be more through.

Finally good luck, and enjoy your phone and cross your fingers for apps that will work for Cricket.

04-14-10 04:23 AM
    try logging into the regular facebook site from your phone not the mobile version. I had the same exact issue and this worked just .com
    05-06-10 10:07 PM

the service books are on HoFo and other forums
    I've looked ALL over for the service books. I even registered w/ Howard. Could you please point me to a cricket service book for the 8130 wave browser?
    05-12-10 02:51 AM
    hi everybody ! thank all
    05-13-10 10:17 AM
    Howard forums has every answer! They just make you work for your answer and you will really learn a lot about how to maintain your phone. As far as third party apps are concerned I get several through a program called aerize wifix. I get lots of apps that you just have to configure them when you install them. Howardforums has a huge section about wifix as well! Good luck!

05-18-10 09:49 PM
    If someone can tell me how to get the yahoo messenger to work....and any other apps.....

I can email then detailed instructions with pictures....along with service books, and software needed to flash a blackerry to cricket which will enable talk, text, web, and picture mail. Thanks!!
    08-16-10 01:27 PM
    dang ok this thread died and that's a shame bcuz even though cricket wireless now sells bb's flashed phones are stilll the haps. I can get a flashed phone bb curve which will still allow me my regular plan instead of going through cricket where they will make me pay for the android plan to have the same phone lol! Although i have to say what I want now is one of the bb pearl 3g phones on cricket but am finding none cuz I'm thinkin they are only gsm phones... any ideas or does anyone know ???
    Last edited by Xotzin; 09-22-11 at 12:49 PM.
    10-19-10 11:58 PM
    this has not been true for me on my bb8130 flashed ot cricket. I have dialed #228 several times to have my phone registered (on the same phone just for kicks to see if you were right) and it has not deleted any of the flash at all. Not saying this to argue just saying this to let others know this hasn't been true for me

Notice problem with some post here

First never ever dial *228 from your flashed BB unless you plan on having your phone flashed again.

The wife works at Cricket, I just got my storm flashed.

Dialing *228 will reset your phone to original settings, thus successfully erasing your flash.

If you don't have web or mms your phone is not fully flashed and you will need to find a reputable dealer to do this for you. Ask around. Most Cricket stores that offer flashing can only do a regular or "half flash" on your BB.

Don't waste your money, go to every Cricket store in your area and ask who has the best results with flashed BBs. Ask people you know with flashed BBs what problems if any they have had with their flash.

Find a store with a long history of flashing they tend to be more through.

Finally good luck, and enjoy your phone and cross your fingers for apps that will work for Cricket.

09-22-11 12:45 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD