First my BB stopped retrieving email though I hadn't changed any settings.
    So, I erased all old emails and anything else that might be using too much memory. AND I took out the battery.

Then, I started getting the hourglass every time I pressed a button.

Finally, my battery only stayed charged for 12 hours at a time for no reason. Last night I charged it completely from nearly empty (even though I had charged it in the morning). I had a 10 minute phone conversation, sent a couple (literally) texts, and went to bed. When I woke up the battery was dead.

Help?
    10-03-08 11:02 AM
    sounds like your battery might be going bad on you, you might need to change it for a new battery
    10-03-08 11:04 AM
    sounds like your battery might be going bad on you, you might need to change it for a new battery
    Keep in mind my BB is only about 6 months old...
    10-03-08 11:21 AM
    It sounds weird, but if you have the Facebook application on your phone, delete it. I had the *EXACT* same problem and after doing quite a bit of googling, came across a site that said it was a problem with Facebook and sure enough, deleting Facebook solved the problem. It might also work if you log out of facebook and log back in, but I didn't try that...
    10-15-08 10:59 AM
    I had the exact same problem too, but seem to have managed to fix it with the help of Blackberry support. Reinstall facebook, and then, using the internet service for your carrier (the one you used to add the email in the first place), delete your email account. I can't remember if I did a battery pull at this point but it can't hurt! Then reapply your email using the internet service again. That worked for me, and i've finally stopped panicking about it!
    Good luck, let us know how you get on with it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-08 11:10 AM
    Make sure you have enough memory.
    Mine started to do the same, but after I switched to OS 4.5 it worked just fine! =)
    10-15-08 02:36 PM
    wow this is what Im dealing wit now!
    10-31-08 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD