I've had my blackberry for about 3 weeks and have problems maintaining the battery life. I will take it off the charger around 7:30 am and when I get ready to use it as a phone around 6pm the battery is almost dead. I do have it set up to recieve email from an imap server during the day, could this be the problem? I also keep it in it's case to help conserver the battery.

I also find that if I do plug the blackberry in, and attempt to talk with it while charging, charging seems to stop(the charging icon dissapears) and the battery continues to drain. I've had the phone die on me in the middle of a conversation even though it was plugged in.

Any suggestions? I did read previous threads and checked that only the browser, call log, messages, BB messenger and home screens are running.
    02-16-08 02:47 PM
    Turn off Bluetooth until you need it.
    02-16-08 03:03 PM
    When you first got the BB, did you charge it up all the way and then let it drain? You have to "condition" the battery initially...

When I got my BB 2 weeks ago, the battery drained really fast too (I was charging it daily), but in the 2nd week of having it, the battery seems to go 2-3 days with moderate usage before I have to charge it again.
    02-16-08 03:31 PM
    Some of the suggestions here may help you: Maximum Battery Life - BlackBerryFAQ.com
    02-16-08 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD