Okay, so I tried to do a search on this before I put out a post but couldn't find the correct post so I apologize in advance for this possibly redundant post.

Is there a limit on how many battery pulls one can do in a day? I have a pearl.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-08 12:46 AM
    I have never heard of there being a limit. I have a pearl 8110

07-11-08 12:49 AM
    Nope, you can pull as often as you need to, but...

I wonder why you would need to pull the battery so often? Are you having a recurring problem? If so, what is happening? Let's try to get to the root of your problem and see if we can fix it instead of pulling the battery so often. This battery pull is like treating the symptoms of an illness instead of the illness itself!

Post your actual problem here and let's see of the gang can't help! If you're having memory issues have you done the Memory Free steps yet?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

07-11-08 12:52 AM
    Thanks! I knew that I can depend on fellow CBers to help me out! This site is beyond awesome!!

07-11-08 12:57 AM
    Why do you need to pull it so often?
    07-11-08 01:00 AM
    Yes why do you pull so often?

07-11-08 01:03 AM
    Memory gets low. I have a memory card where I keep ringtones and pictures but I chat a lot and text as well and it seems that it uses up a lot of memory. I heard that it should be aroung 12,000,000 and I get 13 plus after I pull. Prior to that it teeters on 9 plus.

07-11-08 01:08 AM
    Have you followed the memory optimization instructions posted all over this site? If not you really really need to, you could recover quite a bit of memory!

07-11-08 01:12 AM
    Instead of pulling your battery all the time, maybe its time to optimize your memory. Check this out and you will not have issues anymore if you complete it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    07-11-08 01:13 AM
    If I get a bigger memory card then how can I transfer what's on my memory card now to the new one?

07-11-08 01:19 AM
    Use your desktop manager. Btw, instead of battery pulls, install the app called SoftReset. Its the same as a battery pull without actually pulling the battery.

07-11-08 01:23 AM
    You could do that via your computer. (Move all media on the card to your computer then move it to the new card)

However, is your current memory card full? Why do you think a bigge card will help? You can not save applications or data to your card. The memory card holds pictures, music, movies and ringtones, nothing else. Your blackberry can not utilize your memory card as "free memory".

Based on what you've already said I am not sure a bigger card is the answer... You should follow the link that Garz and I have both posted and THEN see how your memory is!

07-11-08 01:24 AM
    Adberry, installing another application to a device with low memory issues might cause more problems... How big is that application? Ive considered it myself, but have a hard time believing that it is a true "battery pull"!

07-11-08 01:27 AM
    I will most definitely try your suggestion! Thanks so much for ur help!!

I've posted several questions on this site and everyone has been helpful!

What would I do without my crack teachers??

07-11-08 01:32 AM
    Crack Teachers... That's great! I promise that someday sponsored you'll be dishing out advice here too! Seems like just yesterday *I* was the noob, posting questions and wondering if I'd ever know what I was doing! Just keep searching and posting, the answers are ALL here, you just have to find them!

07-11-08 01:36 AM
    Okay, I'm going to try it now so wish me luck!! I hope I don't do something wrong and turn my blackberry into a deadberry!!!
    07-11-08 10:52 AM
    Well it seems that you are very well taken care of good luck. =8')
    07-11-08 11:11 AM
    Good morning all -- I'm a newbie BB owner and am in love with my pearl but am having a a problem w/ battery life and hope someone can help with a solution.

My battery does not seem to be holding a charge for very long. I charged over night and took the phone off the charger at 730a.m. and by 11:00 I am at 60% battery life. I adressed this with my provider (Sprint) and was told that it might just be a bad battery. They gave me a new battery but the problem presists. One of the Sprint reps has a pearl and even looked at my settings and said everything seemed okay and reminded me that the BT can drain the power so to be sure to disconnect when not in use which I am doing.

I understand that the Pearl should have an approx. standby time of 9 days but I'm not even gettting 9 hrs by the time all is said and done and I don't use my phone much during the work day so its not from usage. Is there maybe a setting or something I am missing somewhere or a power save mode that should be activated that is not? Also, I have already checked to be sure there aren't any unnecessary applications running the background....

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks!
    07-11-08 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD