My memory actually stays around 22000000. I just figured I would check out the log. Just me being inquisitive....lol
    01-28-09 11:50 PM
    It brought my event log up just fine on the Pearl.

Alt (black and gray up down arrow on the botton left of the screen) and L G L G

Don't look for the "plus sign" it is "Alt L G L G".

msblueline
    Tried twice...still not working. Am I supposed to hold the Alt key while pushing LGLG?
    01-28-09 11:54 PM
    My memory fluctuates around 15mb. I never lost an email or anything and never get the hour glass. My Pearl 8110 runs fast and solid. I do a soft reset every other week or so just for safety measures.
    01-29-09 02:29 AM
    How many other products do you leave on all the time, and expect to work 100%? computer you turn off, TV you turn off, car, xbox, ps3. Maybe your alarm clock works 24/7.
    Every other phone I've ever had.
    01-29-09 10:10 AM
    Tried twice...still not working. Am I supposed to hold the Alt key while pushing LGLG?
    Yes, hold it
    01-29-09 10:14 AM
    Yes, hold it
    Just to add to: when you let go of the alt key (after pressing L G L G) then the Event log will pop up.

msblueline
    01-29-09 10:16 AM
    No matter with OS 4.5 and the Memory Leak problem Some phones have it worse for some reason,

Doesn't Matter if you
    1, Clear the Event Log ( Alt,L,G,L,G, )
    2, Clear Browser Cookies
    3, Do Memory Cleaning
    4, Close out of All Apps

You will still need to Do a Battery Pull or Soft Reset Via the Reset APP at least once a Day Depending on How Often you Run apps and the severity of the Memory leak on your PEARL.

So from trying the different 4.5 Os from .77 to .97
    .77 seeming to be the most stable with hardly any memory leak for me personally i dunno about others.
    To .97 with the most file Free but a very bad memory leak.

so until they actually fix the memory leak for the most current OS expect to have to do a battery pull at least once a day.

I Run:
    Aim
    Yahoo
    Myspace
    Facebook
    GMail
    Bolt
    GMaps

All the time so i have to reset or do a pull at least once a day.
    I start out with 20k memory and when it dwindles down to 10k i do my pull.
    01-29-09 10:41 AM
    This is the reason why I can't wait to get rid of the Pearl and get a different BB. I'm on my third one and the problem exists with all three. And no, it's not user error...I close apps properly, delete sent/inbox regularly, clear event log, limit apps (although I shouldn't have to).

After a battery pull, the Pearl will lose memory with NO activity. It's inherent to the product and it's unacceptable.

Come on...this shouldn't happen and we all know it.
    01-30-09 04:12 PM
    Have you tried OS 4.5.0.125? Other than the occasional cache clearing, not a complaint to be had. Previously I did use soft reset some, but actually pulling my battery, not so much.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 04:19 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD