i keep reading about battery pulls. Is this something you should do on a regular basis or as little as possible???
    01-23-09 07:28 PM
    You really should have to do this on a regular basis. Most people who do this on a regular are having memory issues. Hence, the batt pull is just a temporary fix. I do a batt pull every now and then, but not daily.
    01-23-09 07:30 PM
    I agree with CBK. I only do a battery pull or reset only when
    necessary. It has been weeks since I have done either.
    01-23-09 08:08 PM
    You guys are both right, manage your 3rd party apps and optimize your memory and you will be fine...
    01-23-09 08:13 PM
    thanks for your help,
    01-23-09 08:18 PM
    You really should have to do this on a regular basis.
    I think you meant shouldn't have to do this on a regular basis.
    01-23-09 10:03 PM
    I've found that rebooting the phone every other day or so avoids problems. For example, I forgot reboot it and the alarms stopped working. RIM is great at hardware design, but they really need to do something about the quality of their software.
    01-24-09 11:23 AM
    I've found that rebooting the phone every other day or so avoids problems. For example, I forgot reboot it and the alarms stopped working. RIM is great at hardware design, but they really need to do something about the quality of their software.
    Agreed they definitely need to. It's like the BlackBerry Storm, its hardware is months ahead of the software for it.
    01-24-09 10:49 PM
    I just can't understand why all the need for battery pulls. I run my Windows XP and Windows Vista Business boxes day in and day out with never a worry, never a care, never a reboot. Duh, well, maybe not !

I DO run my Quad days at a time loaded up with Monte Carlo jobs. I see things on them that defy description or logic. With it and all my boxes, I never use any form of wireless Internet connections and I physically remain disconnected most of the time from the Internet with my hardwired connections. (I need the sleep !)

Sometimes when I think about my Storm and the fact that it is essentially online 24/7, it blows my mind !

Like I said, I don't do battery pulls - more than once a week. In between, I use QuickPull.

Doctor Neutron

Doctor Neutron
    01-24-09 11:10 PM
    I never do an actual battery pull, but use SoftReset a few times a week and never have any probs.

claire
    01-24-09 11:50 PM
    I never do an actual battery pull, but use SoftReset a few times a week and never have any probs.

claire
    That's fine, but if your Berry is acting buggy, do a battery pull...
    01-24-09 11:53 PM
    That's fine, but if your Berry is acting buggy, do a battery pull...
    I thought SoftReset kept it from getting "buggy"

claire
    01-25-09 12:04 AM
    You have a great sense of humor, nothing replaces the battery pull if you think something is not right with your Berry...
    01-25-09 12:07 AM
    You have a great sense of humor, nothing replaces the battery pull if you think something is not right with your Berry...
    OK...then what's the purpose of a progy like SoftReset, please.

claire
    01-25-09 12:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD