I've had my blackberry pearl 8110 since september last year and the battery has always faired well, lasting a couple of days which i can live with.
    I was using Twitterberry and then a few weeks ago I switched to Ubertwitter, which was fine for a few weeks and then it started draining my battery, so I changed the update intervals, but still was only getting 5 hours from full to completely empty!
    So I decided to uninstall the app, and restarted my device. But nothing has changed, I'm getting 7 hours MAX out of my battery now!

so far i've tried -
    • numerous battery drops
    • alt "lglg" cleared everything
    • cleared all my messages and pics and videos (which i had before the battery issue and never caused a problem)
    • cleared memory
    • cleared cache on browser
    • always close programmes - leaving nothing running in the background

also, when the phone has been on for some time the little timer is constantly on the screen causing the device to freeze up, as if it is constantly processing something... the only way to fix this is to battery drop every few hours.

I've tried everything - I hope someone can help me!

Thanks, Lou

ps. My email push is also not working even though all email settings are up to date. when next to speakers the phone is constantly transmitting but no emails are being recieved....
    Last edited by LewyLouBear; 06-03-09 at 04:04 PM. Reason: addition!
    06-03-09 01:57 PM
    Do you have a spare battery you can use to rule out a battery issue?
    06-03-09 01:59 PM
    unfortunatley not - but since I'm running out of ideas I may have to get one.

Although I have a feeling that's not the problem since the device is lagging/jamming constantly with the timer icon even when plugged into the power with full bateery.
    Last edited by LewyLouBear; 06-04-09 at 05:00 AM.
    06-03-09 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD