I have a oem holster bought from this site. when i use it my battery drains quicker then when I use a skin and keep in my pocket. yes the device is going to sleep in the case before you ask.
    why is this? Any ideas?
    09-08-08 05:05 PM
    Are the wifi and Bluetooth features turned off? I've never heard of this problem before.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-08 06:52 PM
    I have never heard of this either. I agree with Bob also, something is on or running. It goes to sleep because there is a magnet in the holster called a 'proximity sensor' and it goes into standby when you insert it. When did you start having the problem? Trace your steps back, was it after you installed a 3rd party application? Have you done anything or downloaded anything on your device lately?
    09-08-08 06:59 PM
    nothing new on the pearl. today for the heck of it I have it in a skin in my pocket and battery is not draining as fast. I use it about the same amount every day both email and phone. Seems very weird to me, I'll try holster again tomorrow.
    09-09-08 03:13 PM
    Battery gone bad...???
    09-09-08 10:23 PM
    Which way are you putting it in the holster? Facing out or facing in? I put mine face out and do not have a problem. I noticed tho that if I put it face in, buttons can actually still be pushed if I bump it and it wakes the phone up so it's not really sleeping.... make sure you put it face out if you aren't doing so already.
    09-09-08 10:27 PM
    You can also push and hold the ALT key while pushing the back key to see what applications are running. My son had been playing Brick Breaker and paused the game, battery was going flat overnight.
    Hope this helps.
    09-10-08 08:05 PM
    Very interesting... as that is the exact opposite of what the holster should be doing
    09-10-08 08:09 PM
    I have the same problem with my Storm and OEM holster -- battery drains in about 5-6 hours when BB is in holster (face out or face in, makes no difference). Takes several days to drain battery when BB is not in holster. I'm getting a new holster (different style, different manufacturer).
    01-24-09 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD