It is now almost 9pm and my battery is still over 3/4th full!!!! Yea!!!!

I have talked on my phone off and on through out the evening, sent texts and a few e-mails.

So making sure all apps are closed is the ticket to full battery life....life, is good!

03-12-08 08:49 PM
    Yeah kasper! Glad to hear it all worked out for you!!
    03-13-08 12:01 AM
    FYI-dont buy your batteries from local stores. You can find new batteries for anywere from $3-$7 on line.
    03-13-08 04:15 AM
    A couple things I have found on the battery.

If I use my PC to charge it does not seem to hold the charge nearly as well at the wall charger that came with it.

In my car I had a gizmo that plugged into the cig lighter and gave me a female USB port. I use this to power my Garmen GPS. If I use this to charge the BB it just would not. It said it was but it didn't. I went to wally world and got a cheap $8 Razr car charger and it works great.
    03-13-08 07:49 AM
    I'm happy to make it from 6am to 4pm without recharging. Anything more than that is awesome.
    03-13-08 08:11 AM
    It is good to pop the charger on the battery EVEN only 5-10 minutes during the day.
    03-13-08 08:22 AM
    Just an another Update!!!!

Again, my cell has been on since 7am to as of now 2:42pm. I have talked about 2 hours on my phone...sent texts and checked and sent e-mails....battery is STILL full!!!! Yea!!!

So for now one, I am going to make sure that ALL apps are closed as that was what was sucking down my battery charge!

03-13-08 02:42 PM
    sorry double post. Feel free to delete.
    03-13-08 03:51 PM
    How many applications are you keeping open? There are 5 you cannot close:

Call Log
    Browser
    Home Screen

Hold down the Alt key and click on the Esc key (to the right of the trackball) at the same time. Keep clicking on the Esc key to scroll through the open apps. If you have more than the 5 I've mentioned, close them!! They are sucking the battery as they are running constantly in the background.
    Excellent tip! Thank you!
    03-13-08 03:51 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD