i go to main menu > SMS Text > Disable Auto Text > Yes and save. it doesn't work. i tried saying 'no' just in case it was opposite day and it wouldn't let me do it that way either.
    05-04-09 06:14 PM
    Why exactly are you trying to disable autotext? There could be a confusion with autotext and suretype.
    05-04-09 07:12 PM
    What is the difference? I'd like to change the option of entering text from the BB to entering each letter individually rather than typing a letter and it completing the word for me.
    05-05-09 12:53 AM
    That's SureType, and as far as I know, you can't disable it.
    05-05-09 05:23 PM
    Mine just started doing this today! I've had it for a week, and was able to text without the SureType thing finishing my words for me. Its really hard to text with that doing that. There is really no way to stop this?
    05-06-09 12:23 PM
    I am frustrated because it wasn't happening when I first got my BB. Two days later it just started doing it. I didn't change a thing. I wonder if the network automatically decided to change. I hate it because I can't type in proper names or shorten my text messages!
    05-06-09 04:58 PM
    I think I figured out how to stop it. Open a new text message, then click the menu button. scroll down a little ways, and click on the "Enable Multitap". then try typing your text. it took me forever to figure it out, but it seems to have worked.
    05-08-09 08:26 AM
    That's SureType, and as far as I know, you can't disable it.
    It can be disabled. As stated above, go to Messages>>start composing a message>>Menu>>Enable Multi-Tap

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 08:30 AM
    I, too, had that happen to me a week or so ago. It also happens everytime I do a battery pull. But as above, just enable the MultiTap setting and you are good to go. Wish there was a setting to make that the default.
    05-08-09 12:23 PM
    I forced myself to love SureType, but it does have it challenges.

When I am using IM, my friends all know to expect some strange word choices....
    05-08-09 01:11 PM
    sure type is so easy i cant do the other one. i have had my bb 8130 for about a month and i can message no problem with out looking but i cant use a normal keybord lol i have to look at that
    05-08-09 05:44 PM
    well this worked for now - i'm having overall BB issues so we'll see. thanks for the info though!
    05-12-09 05:26 PM
    Suretype is the most cluster flipped thing I have ever been a part of. I guarantee it has cost the Blackberry makers a **** load of money in returned phones. I guarantee. It is ridiculous!
    05-12-09 10:37 PM
    It can be disabled. As stated above, go to Messages>>start composing a message>>Menu>>Enable Multi-Tap

I HATE SureType! Yes, you can disable it but you've got to do it every freakin time it kicks itself back in and that gets old. WHY is there not a way to disable/destroy/nuke that damnable type style?!
    05-15-09 07:05 AM
    I HATE SureType! Yes, you can disable it but you've got to do it every freakin time it kicks itself back in and that gets old. WHY is there not a way to disable/destroy/nuke that damnable type style?!
    There is a way of getting rid of it, it's called upgrading your phone! I really don't know why people hate it so much! I always liked from the day I got my Pearl.

05-15-09 08:53 AM
    It's like one of those people who try to finish your sentences before you're through saying them and they often get it wrong.
    06-13-09 12:07 PM

It can be turned off. I have never had to deal with SureType on my pearl.
    06-13-09 02:05 PM
    I HATE SureType!!!! I'm about ready to throw my BB threw the window. Thanks for posting on how to disable it.
    06-19-09 03:57 PM
    try pressin the bb menu key wen the compose txt screen is open, then select enable multi tap.i hate suretype myself......it resets every time ur fone is turned off tho so u hve 2 reset it again
    06-20-09 04:00 PM
    lol.so tru!!!
    06-20-09 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD