I use both keyboard lock or stand by to lock the keyboard so that my phone does not dial numbers without my knowledge. The way I do it now is either by holding the stand by button or the * button for keyboard lock. In my previous nokia phone, the phone would go keyboard lock auto after some time of inactivity. Is there a way to do that in Pearl 8100?
    05-28-08 12:57 PM
    Options > Security Options > General Settings > Security Timeout. That sets the time it takes for your Pearl to auto lock.
    05-28-08 01:57 PM
    My security timeout is set to the lowest possible - 1 min. But the cell phone does not lock. The screen goes dark but I can still push buttons. Sometimes when I put it in my pocket, buttons are pressed and it dials numbers without my knowledge. Isnt there a way to auto keypad lock ?
    05-29-08 10:04 AM
    My security timeout is set to the lowest possible - 1 min. But the cell phone does not lock. The screen goes dark but I can still push buttons. Sometimes when I put it in my pocket, buttons are pressed and it dials numbers without my knowledge. Isnt there a way to auto keypad lock ?
    AutoLock automatically locks the BlackBerry keyboard after the backlight turns off, optionally waiting a configurable delay after the backlight shuts before locking the keys.

To enable/disable or set the delay, go to Options->AutoLock.

get program at geekandproud.net/blackberry-software/
    05-29-08 10:43 AM
    Have you tried a battery pull? With your phone on, remove the battery for 30 seconds, then put it back in.
    05-29-08 10:53 AM
    I have a blackberry pearl 8100 and do not have Options -> Auto Lock. Am I missing something?
    05-29-08 10:54 AM
    I have a blackberry pearl 8100 and do not have Options -> Auto Lock. Am I missing something?
    Auto Lock is a third party app that you have to install. And like I asked above, have you tried a battery pull?
    Sanil B likes this.
    05-29-08 11:06 AM
    Yes I have tried the hard battery pull. It does not make any difference. Seems like I will have to install Auto Lock then.
    Sanil B likes this.
    05-29-08 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD