I have the 8130 model and can't seem to figure this one out. Every so often my SMS messages and call history is deleted. I just went to look at text messages that I sent earlier today and they are all gone. Then while on the phone with someone else I received a call, but didn't answer it. When I went back to look at the missed call there were no calls in the recent call log. I have not turned the phone off so I didn't lose them that way. Is there a setting on the phone that I can change to keep from losing these messages. Any help would be greatly appreciated so I can stop losing important messages and phone numbers! Thanks!
    12-28-08 02:14 PM
    This is a common problem... and it is caused by low memory. Your Berry will auto-delete "stuff" (messages, etc) once you drop below about 10,xxx,xxx bytes of free memory.

Check out the Memory Optimization Procedure in my signature!
    12-28-08 02:16 PM
    I was having this problem early on with the SMS messages but I changed it to save 25 of them and that seems to have worked.
    12-28-08 03:21 PM
    I was having this problem early on with the SMS messages but I changed it to save 25 of them and that seems to have worked.
    How did you do that? My daughter is having this problem now
    12-29-08 04:31 PM
    Under options>SMS. Number of previous items. Change that number.

Also under messages go to options>general options. All the way at the bottom (keep messages). Mine is set to 2 months.

Hope that helps!

I think we should really have a FAQ sticky under this section about the memory issues and any questions that are asked on a regular basis.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by resq330; 12-29-08 at 09:12 PM.
    12-29-08 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD