Help

Why is my BB deleting text messages and call history by itself? I have auto delete after 15 days set for text messages but everyday it's as if it wipes itself clean of texts and call history.

This is so annoying

any tips on how to fix this?

thanks you!
    08-03-08 08:54 PM
    Check your BB's internal memory. Its probably low!
    Try this.........http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    08-03-08 08:55 PM
    How do I do this? what do I need to do to free up space so nothing is getting deleted?

Im also not receiving text messages as well? why?
    08-03-08 08:57 PM
    Try this.........http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    I don't have a USB cord on me right now...do i need the usb cord to free up file space?
    08-03-08 08:58 PM
    Use the link!
    Go to Options > Status > File Free

If the number is under 12,xxx,xxx then you should check out Stoner's Memory Guide. (The link is in my signature)
    Go to Options > Status > File Free

If the number is under 12,xxx,xxx then you should check out Stoner's Memory Guide. (The link is in my signature)
    the number is 1649429 is that good or bad?
    08-03-08 09:00 PM
    do you have a media card?
    08-03-08 09:01 PM
    no media card either...
    08-03-08 09:04 PM
    dude that is terrrible
    08-03-08 09:10 PM
    no media card either...
    08-03-08 09:58 PM
    what is terrible??
    08-03-08 09:59 PM
    The amount of free space available is terrible. And you def need a memory card.
    08-03-08 11:40 PM
    The Pearl's have very little free memory to start with, so it's a good idea to follow Stoner's guide to freeing up memory in your unit. I had about 12 million bytes of free memory before I followed some simple steps in Stoner's guide. Afterwards, I ended up with over 21 million bytes. Looks like you have only a little over 1 million bytes, so that is VERY low. You should have at least 12 million for your Pearl to operate smoothly.

You can free up a bit of memory first by deleting some unused applications (goto your options icon, and choose advanced options, and then applications). From there, delete the blackberry sample video. That video uses up a good amount of free space. You can also delete Brickbreaker from there if you don't use it. After that, follow Stoner's guide, and from your computer, download both the latest Device Manager to your computer AND the latest Operating System from Blackberry site for your Pearl 8130 to the computer. After you do this, your computer will have everything your phone is normally loaded with when you get a new phone. You can then use the Applications Loader feature from the Device Manager program to check off stuff you don't need to delete from the phone itself, once it is connected to the computer. This will free up a lot of memory for you, and your Pearl will not act goofy anymore.

Finally, as the folks said here, get a memory card and set the phone to save all your pictures and other media directly to the memory card instead of the device memory. Move all your current pictures and stuff from the device memory to the media card, and you should be all set. Hope that helps.
    08-04-08 05:39 AM
    I have the same problem, and it DOES get pretty annoying when I attempt to go back and save numbers and they aren't there in my recent calls list.

But on the other hand, I DO have a memory card, and I don't have any pics or vids saved on the phones internal memory....so what do you suggest my solution might be?
    08-05-08 11:52 PM
    Battery pull worked! =]
    Haha, and maybe having 50 ringtones has something to do with it. But I did have about 30,000,000 free memory.....
    Yet I still deleted some applications, like..Tasks, and others. So I suppose that helped. And I save all my vids and pics to my media card. But thanks guys, the Stoner guide was useful!
    08-06-08 12:19 AM
    what is terrible??
    i would go on eBay and buy a xGB micro SD card...(they come in 2,4,8GB)
    then move all your media files onto it...it will free up some space, then battery pull and she should be ready to gooo
    08-06-08 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD