Hi everyone,

Yes I read the Wifi guide, twice and browsed it, so please don't refer me to it. I have also typed in "WiFi 8120" into the seach forum and went though all 11pgs of reading, lots of hrs lost. I have tried everything. So please, I have a right to ask for help now, and I really do need the help just like every other lost ATT 8120 WiFi hopeful.

I do not have a data plan, and do not want to buy a data plan, but I do have to pay ber K if the data is accessed. I would like to only use my WiFi please.

Part I:
    -This one, I went to "Mobile Network Options" and then had "Data Services" turned to OFF.
    -then in "Options" > "Advanced Options" > "Browser" > and then had the Default browser config changed from MEdia Net to Hotspot Browser. (those were the only 2 choices)
    -then in "Browers" > Menu button > "Options" > Browser Config > and changed the Browser from MEdia Net to Hotspot Browser. (those were the only 2 choices)
    -My WiFi router works, my laptop is using the WiFi
    -the 8120 scans and detects the WiFi, I inputed the password and its connected. Has the server name on the front page.
    -***WiFi logo on phone is still grey, in "Manage Connections" WiFi has yellow circle with dashline in it.
    -Phone is connected, I see the ISP stuff.
    -***So everything sounds good and should be good, but I still cant connect to a page and it won't load up. I continue to get "Unable to connect to Internet."

Part II:
    -Everything is the same as above, except that in "Mobile Network Options" I have data turned ON.
    -And now the page loads. So am I using the WiFi or is this the Edge data? and I will be billed by the K at the end of the month. Can anyone confirm.

-and then, how do i bookmark a page to make sure its WiFi or even access the bookmark, thats also what I have been reading in the searches I've read.

Someone one has to know, I hope my list has been detailed enough for someone to comment. This would really help me and everyone else on ATT 8120 with no data plan. Thanks.

(this was also posted in the WiFi forum just incase so more people can help =)
    08-29-08 03:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD