Hello everyone,
    I am curious to see what Apps everyone is running on their Pearls I am trying to decide what to keep on my phone and what not to keep on my device one thing I will be keeping is my Alltel TV lol. So anyway I know they don't have enough memory in them. So any advice would be awesome!!!
    Thanks,
    Lisa
    05-27-09 08:14 PM
    My essentials would be Gmail(so I can have free MMS), Opera Mini, Pandora, and Google Maps..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 09:14 PM
    How do I get the extra stuff off of here that are just icons or does it take up memory to leave them on there??
    05-27-09 09:23 PM
    All of the Yahoo stuff is just service books.. The only thing you can do is hide them.

Push the BlackBerry button and go to "Hide".

05-27-09 09:28 PM
    I love my Pearl alot I just would like to get the most out of it ya know??
    05-27-09 09:34 PM
    I just have Opera mini and quick pull. I keep a lot of apps on my Pearl due to the memory, but there are people on CB who have tons of apps on their pearls so don't let me keep you from putting apps on your phone.
    05-28-09 10:34 AM
    I am thinking about Opera Mini does it run really good on a Pearl??? I do run yahoo messenger on here and BB messenger too but I just get the dreaded hour glass on it when I put alot on it.
    05-28-09 01:19 PM
    I have Opera mini on my Pearl and it runs very well.
    I also have BBFileScout for file management, the Crackberry launcher, Amazon launcher, and a couple of games (Sol Mania, and Spore).

I do a battery pull every other day or so, and watch the memory.
    05-28-09 02:38 PM
    All of the Yahoo stuff is just service books.. The only thing you can do is hide them.

Push the BlackBerry button and go to "Hide".
    Sorry thats actually very incorrect, I don't know where you got that information!

Go to options... Advanced Options... Service Books... and delete. The icons should disappear. PM me if they don't, because there was a problem I had with icons for something else that I got rid of another way when the Service Books didn't fix the problem... But off the top of my head, I can't remember.
    05-28-09 06:32 PM
    Sorry thats actually very incorrect, I don't know where you got that information!

Go to options... Advanced Options... Service Books... and delete. The icons should disappear. PM me if they don't, because there was a problem I had with icons for something else that I got rid of another way when the Service Books didn't fix the problem... But off the top of my head, I can't remember.
    While this is correct, it will remove as you state, they will come back if the operator wants you to have them. I stopped deleting Typing Trooper a while ago because it keeps coming back.
    05-28-09 06:52 PM
    How do you get the Gmail app?

And what is opera mini?
    05-28-09 10:28 PM

And what is opera mini?
    Opera Mini - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    05-28-09 10:49 PM
    If I get Opera Mini is it safe to remove BB Browser?

You get gmail and other google apps by going to m.google.com , I don't suggest getting the full package though. Eats up a little to much room for me. Maps and Sync are the only things that are needed IMHO. You can set your gmail account up to receive messages on the phone without the gmail app so it just seems like a waste of space.

I use:
    Viigo
    Msn Messenger
    Facebook
    Weather Eye
    Poynt(I know viigo serves the function of these two but I just prefer WE and poynt over the viigo offerings)
    Google Maps
    Google Sync

Then some other build in stuff(browser, brickbreaker, media, ect). I removed pretty much everything else though. I still have ~13MB left right now and it runs great.
    Last edited by CoverlessTech; 05-29-09 at 10:28 AM.
    05-29-09 10:20 AM
    Search around for a thread on how to maximize your blackberrys memory by reed mclay, its awesome, I cleared out a ton of things like brickbreaker, the default vzw theme, voice activated dialing, and other apps I didn't use. Removing stuff I didn't need let me add a ton of third party apps

Gtalk
    Google maps
    Facebook
    Bejewelled
    Aim
    Vymail
    Slacker radio
    Berryweather
    Berrybuzz

I'm on my bb so I don't have the direct link, but search around for the thread, its really helpful!

05-29-09 09:13 PM
    Search around for a thread on how to maximize your blackberrys memory by reed mclay, its awesome, I cleared out a ton of things like brickbreaker, the default vzw theme, voice activated dialing, and other apps I didn't use. Removing stuff I didn't need let me add a ton of third party apps

Gtalk
    Google maps
    Facebook
    Bejewelled
    Aim
    Vymail
    Slacker radio
    Berryweather
    Berrybuzz

I'm on my bb so I don't have the direct link, but search around for the thread, its really helpful!

It's right here in my signature under memory optimization...
    05-29-09 09:25 PM
    Would you recommend that?
    05-29-09 09:38 PM
    I change often, but must have pocket express, BB app world, slacker, iheartradio, shazam and just got opera mini. Shortcuts are astros.com, nba.com, pga.com, wf.com, nhl.com, espn.com, ABC.com, NBC.com, foxnews.com, weather.com, foxsports.com, fidelity.com

05-30-09 12:07 AM
    I change some of my apps often, but currently I have:
    Reflex Today Plus Theme
    Sprint Navigation (TeleNav)
    Google Maps
    Bolt Browser
    WeatherEye
    UberTwitter
    Facebook
    IHeartRadio
    Shazam
    Peek-A-Boo
    Quick Pull
    Blackberry App World
    Vlingo

Launchers for:
    CrackBerry
    Fox News
    NYT Politics (This is actually a small app that pushes headlines in a pop-up)
    NYT
    CNN
    NPR

And I have just over 15mb free (I use quickpull once a day though).
    I did some mad-crazy memory optimization.

I do not use the Gmail app, or Viigo, they take up way too much memory. I have one of my gmail accts sent directly to my BB Inbox, and check others using the Bolt Browser.
    05-31-09 02:53 PM
    I change some of my apps often, but currently I have:
    Reflex Today Plus Theme
    Sprint Navigation (TeleNav)
    Google Maps
    Bolt Browser
    WeatherEye
    UberTwitter
    Facebook
    IHeartRadio
    Shazam
    Peek-A-Boo
    Quick Pull
    Blackberry App World
    Vlingo

Launchers for:
    CrackBerry
    Fox News
    NYT Politics (This is actually a small app that pushes headlines in a pop-up)
    NYT
    CNN
    NPR

And I have just over 15mb free (I use quickpull once a day though).
    I did some mad-crazy memory optimization.

I do not use the Gmail app, or Viigo, they take up way too much memory. I have one of my gmail accts sent directly to my BB Inbox, and check others using the Bolt Browser.
    I'm impressed. All those applications and 15Mb of free storage--wow!
    05-31-09 07:52 PM
    I use:

Viigo
    Facebook
    Myspace
    Gmail
    Yahoo! Mail
    Blackberry Messenger
    SMS/MMS messages
    Calendar
    My Verizon
    Google Sync
    Brickbreaker
    Password Keeper
    All my media apps

And um, i think that's it and then again sounds like them all huh? Most of them on a daily basis...Just a little addicted
    06-01-09 02:13 AM
    While this is correct, it will remove as you state, they will come back if the operator wants you to have them. I stopped deleting Typing Trooper a while ago because it keeps coming back.
    I hhaaaaaaate typing trooper!!!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! But my response was regarding the yahoo service books... those thank GOD you can delete (got rid of my yahoo email account after 10 yrs, their spam filter non-existant and I finally gave up)!
    06-01-09 10:11 PM
    i like the app....viigo and poynt...2 very handy apps.
    06-02-09 01:46 AM
    how can i get these things on my pearl for free
    i cant do it through OTA because its not part of the plan or w/e
    06-22-09 08:11 PM
    I have found that using CrackMem will allow you to do a lot of memory optimization fairly easily. I run opera mini, mobile banking, google maps, quickpull, poynt, logmaid, twitterberry, facebook, BB weather, BB messenger, pacman, brickbreaker, my Verizon, and a few others. I usually start the day with 19 mb and hover around 16 or so after a lot of use. I have quickpull scheduled to run while I sleep.

06-22-09 10:51 PM
    I have iheartradio, opera mini, and aces blackjack. I used to have Viigo but I found it sucked up too much memory for my taste. It's definitely a cool app though.

06-23-09 07:27 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD