I have an Mac iBook and use Apple Mail. Just replaced a Treo with a new Pearl and find that when I send an email from my laptop using a gmail account I get multiple copies of it sent to my Pearl. This doesn't happen when using an earthlink account or sending mail from the Pearl - only on the gmail account. Any help on this?
    04-16-08 02:13 PM
    I had this problem when setting up a friends Blackberry with Gmail. Heres what you do
    1. Go to bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    2. Either log in or create a account, follow the directions to create a account.
    3.After you have a account either set up or after you have logged in you will she a shaded area saying "Valid Email Account". Just to the right of that you will see where it says "edit","filters","delete". Click Filters.
    4.Click "add a filter".
    5. Where it says "Filter name" you can name it what ever you want.
    6. Now where it says "Apply filter when" change it to where it says "from field"
    7. where it says "Contains" put in your gmail email address that you have set up on your bb and macbook/ibook.
    8. Then go down alittle and click the option that says "do not forward messages to device"
    9. Your done! now click Add Filter.

So what you have just done was made your blackberry not sent you any emails that are from yourself.
    04-16-08 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD