is there any other software out there that i can use to get ringtones and pictures on my 8130? i seem to be having ALOT of trouble with the DM sofware and roxio that i would prefer not to use it... i have tried using 4.3 and 4.2.2 and still got that darn runtime error... so is there anything else i can use?

any help would be greatly appreciated...
    -cristine ... new to the balckberry scene and loving it!!!!
    12-14-07 06:15 PM
    Why dont u just drag and drop!?
    12-14-07 06:39 PM
    ummm how do i do that??? i just got it on wednesday and i have been fighting with the dm and i have finally given up.. so i thought there was another software to use... this is my first black berry so forgive me but i dont have a CLUE on what to do.. and where i would even put everything(ringtones and pics) what about my contacts if i need to edit them i would like to on my pc and then sync to phone? sorry for all the questions but i need blackberry 101..... also what about adding themes?
    -cristine
    Last edited by cmozaeko; 12-14-07 at 07:41 PM. Reason: additional info
    12-14-07 07:32 PM
    No Problem. WELCOME to CB and Blackberry!

One question at a time:

Drag and Drop only works if you have a media card in your phone. If you do go to options, media card, and enable Mass Storage Mode Support to yes, and Auto Enable to Yes. Then your computer should just pick up the device as a USB storage drive and you can drag and drop. It works for almost everything. Music, ringtones, Word, Excel files. almost any file.

Contact is a little different story how did you put your contact on your BB. via Outlook, Lotus, manually input, or BES that would guide that response.

Check out Blackberryfaq site. It is really helpful to new and seasoned users: Main Page - BlackBerryFAQ
    12-15-07 11:24 AM
    Contact is a little different story how did you put your contact on your BB. via Outlook, Lotus, manually input, or BES that would guide that response.

i use outlook is that the only thing i can use besides manually doing it?

also what if i dont have a card?
    12-16-07 06:43 PM
    If you use Outlook than you can sync your contacts using the DM.

I would advise getting a media card, you can find so good deals on 2gb for like $20
    12-16-07 09:50 PM
    ok i get it but now when trying to install just the dm without roxio i get an error message that states that the instalation was cancelled and to try it again later when i havent even cancelled it. this happens when i use the disc and when i try the downloaded file so what can i do to fix this problem?
    12-17-07 06:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD