Hey all,
    I'm Doug from Mesa, AZ and I just got my first smart phone yesterday, a BB Pearl 8130, in black of course. Don't laugh (OK, go ahead), but my last phone that I retired yesterday was a joke. Had almost no functions other than just being a cell phone. I had it for over two years and it was way past time to upgrade. Going from that dinosaur to a Pearl is like taking a ride in a time machine. I hadn't even been in a cell phone store in a couple of years so I had little clue how advanced the smart phones had become. Of course I heard about a lot of the things they can do, but I had NO IDEA they were THIS COOL! My carrier is Sprint and I have to say the Sprint TV is the coolest thing I have ever seen. I already put my battery into the red today watching Sprint TV.

Anyway, I have many questions but I'll try to seek the answers on my own by reading the threads here before I post questions that I'm sure have been answered many times before.

BTW... my wife also got one and she loves hers too. We're competing for who can learn the most about the phone the fastest. Now that I'm here I may win that easily, although don't be surprised if you see a new user by the name of QueenGlamis show up here shortly.
    04-26-08 05:01 PM
    Welcome KingGlamis to both the BB and CB world! By coming here, you will definitely beat your wife in knowing more about your BB BTW, should we be looking for a QueenGlamis to join us?????? LOL
    04-26-08 05:04 PM
    Welcome! You'll defintely be amazed at everything- having a blackberry is like being in a different world!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-08 05:17 PM
    Welcome to CB. If you should have any questions or concerns, feel at home to shout in the forums or holla at me by email (in sig)

04-26-08 05:35 PM
    Welcome to CB
    You would enjoy this site just as much as you would enjoy your BB.

04-26-08 05:37 PM
    We want to help you win so please ask us your questions

04-26-08 05:40 PM
    Welcome to CB !

04-26-08 05:40 PM
    Welcome to the addiction. You might want to reserve a room at rehab, there are long waits (LOL).
    04-26-08 05:43 PM
    Thanks for the welcome all. I have been reading other threads to learn but there is SO MUCH to read that it will take a while. For some reason I can't enter a new contact in the Messenger list. Any tips?
    04-26-08 05:54 PM
    Welcome to the crack
    04-26-08 06:05 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    Your road to addiction is now complete!
    04-26-08 06:06 PM
    Thanks for the welcome all. I have been reading other threads to learn but there is SO MUCH to read that it will take a while. For some reason I can't enter a new contact in the Messenger list. Any tips?
    If you're talking about BB Messenger, you have to know the person's pin to add them.

Btw, welcome to CB
    04-26-08 10:09 PM
    Actually, PIN or email works, then they must accept. There is a good lesson about messenger in the Blackberry 101 section.

Welcome to the wonderful world of crack! Watch out for your wife, she will try to out do you. Keep reading.....

04-26-08 10:28 PM
    Once you know the pin. Go to bbm >menu>add contact>highlight use once>menu>request by pin

04-26-08 10:30 PM
    Welcome to cb!! Ask away....
    04-26-08 10:31 PM
    Welcome aboard. Without a doubt, most of my knowledge about my BB came from the wonderful people here at CB.

04-26-08 10:34 PM
    Welcome to CB....This site is the best ...everything you want to know is avail right here
    04-26-08 10:55 PM
    Actually, PIN or email works, then they must accept.
    Really? I've never been able to get it to work without a pin.
    04-26-08 11:06 PM
    welcome to cb!
    04-26-08 11:42 PM
    Welcome to CB!!!!
    04-27-08 01:25 PM
    So I tried finding this thread on my BB today and couldn't. I tried to search this section and it only brings up so many topics and I didn't see an option to go to the next page. I tried looking at several different options but no luck. Any tips? Thanks.
    04-27-08 10:26 PM
    Welcome to BB and CB may your addiction grow with each day.
    04-27-08 10:30 PM
    Welcome to CB.
    04-28-08 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD