BLARGh.... new to the Blackberry, just got it a week ago.

When I add music to my MicroSD card it creates these "phantom" duplicate files that I can't delete. But when I take the card out of the phone and just hook it up to the computer they aren't there.

the files look like this in the media player

._03 Fighter 0:00

When you explore the card it says they are 1KB

Someone please help... it's really annoying to have to scroll through all of those in my media player to get to the actual music!
    12-18-07 01:38 AM
    Try doing a "hard reset" which is nothing more than pulling the battery while the BB is on.
    12-18-07 04:33 AM
    Does it create said file AFTER you've played the file? I wonder if it's just a 'temp' version of the file.

I'd take the memory card out of the device, connect it to a pc, copy said data. Now, format the card, and copy the data back.

Now check it in the BlackBerry...
    12-18-07 07:41 AM
    Tried both suggestions and I still get the same outcome.
    12-18-07 10:39 AM
    Does it create said file AFTER you've played the file? I wonder if it's just a 'temp' version of the file.
    I will transfer the muisic files to the card via mass storage mode, then open up my media player and they appear before I play a song. I for the life of me can't figure it out. I wonder if there is some sort of setting I'm missing.
    12-18-07 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD