I just got my Pearl today. Previously used the 8830 WE. I was excited to change to this because it has a camera so I was thinking. Hey! I can send pictures again! cause with the 8830 WE you cant.. but nope. Alltel seems to think that you should have to pay for MMS but not be able to do MMS.

I also just updated to the 4.5.0.56 OS and its working good.

Anyone know how to fix my MMS delema?

for those that don't know what MMS is its Picture Messaging basically.

I talked to the people at alltel, and they said that they didn't know that was a problem and then they called their tech people and they said that its supposed to be fixed in the next OS release that alltel makes...

but I don't really want to wait for that. so does anyone know how to fix it?
    08-23-08 11:18 PM
    Not to sound like a smart ***, but I wouldn't count on it happening until vzw give Chad his dirt nap.
    You're looking at a few months, I wouldn't count on anything new from alltel in those months, sorry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-08 11:35 PM
    There are several posts about Alltel and MMS. Put "Alltel MMS" into the search tool and you'll find a lot of info.
    08-23-08 11:51 PM
    Sounds like alltel is doing the same thing as sprint. BBs on sprint don't have MMS despite the fact BBs have the feature. Nobody knows why and from what people say about the situation leads me to believe sprint brushes it off like dandriff on a black shirt. Seems like having the capability would be a no brainer. I don't get why it isn't.

Isn't alltel the one getting bought out by verision? If it is I doubt anything will get done until that process is complete.

08-24-08 02:04 AM
    I just got my Pearl today. Previously used the 8830 WE. I was excited to change to this because it has a camera so I was thinking. Hey! I can send pictures again! cause with the 8830 WE you cant.. but nope. Alltel seems to think that you should have to pay for MMS but not be able to do MMS.

I also just updated to the 4.5.0.56 OS and its working good.

Anyone know how to fix my MMS delema?

for those that don't know what MMS is its Picture Messaging basically.

I talked to the people at alltel, and they said that they didn't know that was a problem and then they called their tech people and they said that its supposed to be fixed in the next OS release that alltel makes...

but I don't really want to wait for that. so does anyone know how to fix it?
    I'm just kinda wondering, did they tell you that the pearl had MMS before you bought it?
    08-24-08 08:20 AM
    I'm just kinda wondering, did they tell you that the pearl had MMS before you bought it?
    no they didn't. but I assumed it did because it has a camera.
    08-24-08 07:17 PM
    I have the same problem, alltel Pearls just cant send pictures. Nobody's can...
    08-24-08 07:23 PM
    Truly I am sorry, but if your alltel phone doesn't currently support mms, it's probably not going to happen until Verizon takes over.

08-24-08 07:31 PM
    do you know when Verizon is taking over? Cause this is the first I've heard of Verizon taking over... I didn't know that was going down.
    08-24-08 10:39 PM
    The end of this year, possibly into the first part of next, if I get a chance I'll pop up an article.

08-25-08 12:29 AM
    w/e screw the pearl I'm going back to alltel tomorrow and upgrading to the Curve. I just got my Pearl on Saturday so I'm still within the 15 day return zone.
    08-25-08 12:53 AM
    ughh... nvm I dont feel like paying an extra $170 some bucks for the curve... I got my Pearl for $79... so I guess I'll just keep it.

The person that has been helping me told me that she talked to their store's data guy, and he said that it should be out by the end of the month... august or september... idk but she said that worst case scenario is that I wont be able to do it till the end of the year/when they merge with verizon. She is a Pearl User as well and is wanting the software too so she's gonna text me when it comes. she also has a 8330 curve and a 8830 WE... so I trust that she's telling the truth.

idk I guess its not THAT big of a deal, cause I dont do that much picture messaging. But seriously. the phone can do it. they just havent allowed it yet.

So... verizon people.. what plan would you suggest for 2000 minutes... for 4 phones. Family plan type thing.... One phone (my phone) needs unlimited data and unlimited texting, two dont need any texting, and one needs about 750 texts/month. Cause when we merge we'll prolly have to switch to a verizon plan right?

Does anyone know if verizon is gonna keep alltel's cell towers? cause we love alltel's coverage. I can use my blackberry while I'm hunting at our farm. ya ya I guess I should be watching for deer instead of texting my friends/people I'm hunting with. but w/e I still get the deer in the end. lol Yay bowhunting! boo gun hunting! gun hunting is too easy...
    08-26-08 01:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD