so i currently have the red 8830, and its given me tons of problems, so i was thinking of going to the 8130, but the main thing holding me back is this suretype thing,

is this a wise decision to make the switch? im not really interested in the curve right off the bat.

thanks!
    04-04-08 07:59 PM
    I used to have an old Nextel BB (7150 I think). Then I switched to VZW and got the VX9800. Went to an EnV after that.

Needless to say I am very used to a FULL qwerty keyboard.

I was able to pick up my 8130 and after a day or two I don't miss the qwerty one bit. I like being able to type one handed. The predictive text is usually spot on and when it isn't I just add the word in question to the dictionary and the problem is solved.
    04-04-08 08:24 PM
    I can't tolerate a suretype keyboard :-P
    04-04-08 08:27 PM
    I'm also VERY used to the full keyboard. I've gotten used to the suretype, but I'm no where near as fast as I was on the curve and the treo b/c I have to go back through and check that I didn't get an off word somewhere (I usually do find one that needs fixing). If you don't mind that, the pearl is a great device. If it's going to drive you nuts, stick with a full keyboard.
    04-04-08 08:35 PM
    I started with the Pearl
    and hated sure type so I got rid of it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-08 08:39 PM
    Any BB is good

04-04-08 08:43 PM
    SureType is great just don't look at the screen and type the words out its fine once it has time to learn your typing habits. I think I type just as fast if not faster than I did with a qwerty keyboard.

04-04-08 08:50 PM
    I came from 2 qwerty phones to a pearl, the only time I really hate SureType is typing bad words and doing login stuff, then I have to switch to multitap. I love the size and like the SureType enough to not switch to a curve, see if you can get a 30 day trial before you decide.

04-04-08 10:31 PM
    Hi. I've been a palm/treo user for years. I agree with raylol16. The suretype actually seems quick once we got used to each other (me with the keyboard and the 8130 with my typing habits). Not looking as I type makes a huge difference. fonebrkr is right too. See about a 30 day trial.
    04-05-08 04:10 AM
    I enjoy mine.
    04-05-08 07:33 AM
    I spent 5 years on T9 and couldn't get used to it. SureType is easier but not for me. QWERTY BBs from now on!
    04-05-08 07:43 AM
    I'm lovin' the 8130 and SureType!
    04-05-08 07:46 AM
    As you have probably figured out, people seem to either love or hate suretype. I thought I would hate it, because I also came from a full keyboard, but like others have mentioned I actually type a lot faster on the Pearl and I love it. Go to the store and play with it for a little while and see what you think. And yes, the best advice is to just type normally and don't look at the screen until you're done.
    04-05-08 08:09 AM
    Suretype is not as bad as you think but another consideration is the size of keyboard - if you have relatively large hand, you might feel more comfortable with the Curve. To me, the size of Curve is a bit too large. I had to have something in a size of cell phone fitting in pocket - I don't like carrying it in holster and such. If you deal with emails more often than making calls, sure, the Curve would be a great device but as phone, I like the Pearl better.
    04-05-08 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD