Last month I purchased my first Blackberry and could not be happier with it. I have the peal 8130 service through Verizon.

I have a really basic question. I read posts from people who talk about dragging and dropping files from their PC onto the Blackberry. How are you doing this? I have the desktop manger loaded onto my PC and use it to sync my BB to outlook but I do not see a way to open up the blackberry device and move files to or from my PC to it.

Am I missing something?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks
    01-11-08 11:04 AM
    Do you have an SD Media Card installed on the 8130? If you do , Options > Media Card > Enable Mass Storage Support, etc.

Then just plug her in via USB, don't need to open DM. Use windows explorer and look at the Media Card just as if it were another drive on your PC.
    01-11-08 11:07 AM
    Thanks I had seen a prompt for that but kept answering no to it.
    01-11-08 12:06 PM
    Do you have an SD Media Card installed on the 8130? If you do , Options > Media Card > Enable Mass Storage Support, etc.

Then just plug her in via USB, don't need to open DM. Use windows explorer and look at the Media Card just as if it were another drive on your PC.
    This is one of the features I like best and had been waiting for RIM to add to their already great devices!

Just what did I do, and how did I make it, before I had a BlackBerry.......?

In BlackBerryLand it just keeps getting better....
    01-11-08 12:20 PM
    It's as easy as JS says. Only problem, and JS correct my, is that if you have taken any pictures or downloaded any ring tones prior to installing a media card they will be in the device memory which you can not access this way. You have to open the DT Manager, use the Roxie Media Manager, move them to the media card. After that you can use the above method to do what you want with them.
    01-11-08 12:24 PM
    It's as easy as JS says. Only problem, and JS correct my, is that if you have taken any pictures or downloaded any ring tones prior to installing a media card they will be in the device memory which you can not access this way. You have to open the DT Manager, use the Roxie Media Manager, move them to the media card. After that you can use the above method to do what you want with them.
    You are 100% correct!

Cheers...
    01-11-08 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD