Hi ALL, this will be my first balckberry and I just wanted to know if anybody can give me some info on my phone before it gets here. Just tell me everything it can do and everything about it that you know. I want to be able to use my phone to its best ability straight from the box. If there is any software that i would want to buy I'd like to know that before i get my phone that way I'll be all set when Mr. Postman pulls up.
    04-05-08 11:00 PM
    Blackberry 101 would be a good start. You can find that under the Blogs tab. The blackberry website could also help you.
    04-06-08 10:44 AM
    I went into Sprint to get a Palm Centro like my wife has and was asked to merely look at the 8130 for a second since it has a promo. I was a bit worried at first of missing the touch screen...but I ended up with the 8130 for the GPS. I did this Thursday and have fallen in love with my machine and now my wife wants to "swap".

I will mention that the device is a bit dicey with its memory and you may want to search these forums for advice on getting rid of unnecessary items (such as different languages and the introductory video). If you don't do this you may find yourself losing your past text messages or call logs. Everything else is awesome...I spent most of Friday morning merely playing with the phone and exploring all it can do!
    04-06-08 11:14 AM
    Asking us to tell you everything the phone can do is an extremely tall order. It would be a lot easier if you just read the manual an checked out the newbies section of CB.
    04-06-08 11:34 AM
    Welcome to CB.
    04-06-08 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD