I have a 8130 pearl and I am trying to make a cellset (wired headset) work in an airplane. I purchased the 3.5 to 2.5 adapter at radio shack, but when I place a call, I can hear great, but no one can hear me talk, like it doesn't transmit voice, wondering if there are any setup issues?
    07-27-08 09:13 PM
    Out of curiosity, whats wrong with the wired headset that came with it? The headset jack of the 8130 is already 3.5 and I believe you're having issues because you're trying to insert something that's not needed.

I'm trying to remember; something about the rings at the end of the headset your plugging in. May not be compatible.
    07-27-08 09:27 PM
    I have a 8130 pearl and I am trying to make a cellset (wired headset) work in an airplane. I purchased the 3.5 to 2.5 adapter at radio shack, but when I place a call, I can hear great, but no one can hear me talk, like it doesn't transmit voice, wondering if there are any setup issues?
    Is the adapter a 3-connector for audio + mic, or the standard 2 connector for audio only? I'm guessing that's the hitch. And I also wonder about the original included headset - I prefer mine over any Bluetooth unit.
    07-28-08 04:48 PM
    The adapter @ radio shack will support audio only. Note the rings on the adapter... Only 2.

You need all three... Note the original headset, L and R audio, as well as voice/MIC.

I'm having trouble finding a wired headset as well.
    Oh well!

P~

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-08 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD