I recently had a new computer (laptop) installed at my office. My old computer with Windows XP and Blackberry Desktop 4.7 was synchronizing fine with outlook via bluetooth and USB.
    The new laptop has XP SP3 installed and I first installed BD 5.0. Device manager and Desktop both recognize the phone just fine, but when I click "synchronize", the progress screen pops up for just a second, then goes away. No synchronization occurs.
    I then uninstalled and re-installed 5.0. Same result. I figured it must have been 5.0 and tried to re-install 4.7. Nada. 4.7 then wanted to upgrade itself back to 5.0, so I figured, what the heck. Yep, still nada.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    -Mike
    07-24-09 10:10 AM
    did you ever get an answer. I have a new laptop that is acting the same way you described when trying to synch with my 8900

I recently had a new computer (laptop) installed at my office. My old computer with Windows XP and Blackberry Desktop 4.7 was synchronizing fine with outlook via bluetooth and USB.
    The new laptop has XP SP3 installed and I first installed BD 5.0. Device manager and Desktop both recognize the phone just fine, but when I click "synchronize", the progress screen pops up for just a second, then goes away. No synchronization occurs.
    I then uninstalled and re-installed 5.0. Same result. I figured it must have been 5.0 and tried to re-install 4.7. Nada. 4.7 then wanted to upgrade itself back to 5.0, so I figured, what the heck. Yep, still nada.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    -Mike
    09-28-09 12:14 AM
    Try updating the os yet? I know you say sp3, but try one more time. Also try updating the usb drivers. Could be outdated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 06:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD