This is my first cell phone of any kind. I always kept saying "why do I need one?" as an excuse to not have to start worrying about monthly usage and bills. I work with and build my own computers so it was more of an issue of a cell phone being just a trinket. That is until I saw Cellular South offer the 8130 and an unlimited plan. Here I saw a phone that was more like my computer. I've had my 8130 for a few weeks now and I'm very happy with it.

I have been working with converting videos to play on the BB. I use Blackberry Video Converter and MediaCell Blackberry Video Converter. I have noticed sometimes if I choose full quality instead of good quality in MediaCell when I play the video in the BB it causes it to crash and restart. Without doing anything it will start just like when a battery pull is done. If I convert instead to the good quality it plays fine.

I know how to work around this problem but I'm more curious as to why it's happening. I thought at first it must be the file size was to large and filling up the memory. But I can play files that are much larger in size. Most of the files I see this problem with are around 18mb. I have played a 60mb Lost episode at good quality (original was 350mb) without issue so size doesn't seem to be the issue. Has anyone else experienced this?
    05-28-08 04:59 PM
    Well, I'm not doing the same things you are doing, but I am having a similar problem. I only get videos sent to me from one person, my niece. They are taken with her Verizon LG-something8700. I'm also on Verizon. Most times, the video will not play when I open up the MMS message - it's just a black space where the video would be. So I save the video to my flash memory card and try to play it. Everytime that I can remember it gives me an error and won't play. Same goes for any video I have previously saved after I receive one from my niece. Sometimes, trying to play the niece's video will cause my 8130 to restart and then the niece's video and any other video will play. At least until I get another video sent from my niece and then the whole cycle starts over. The times that my phone doesn't automatically restart, I do a battery pull and all saved videos on my flash card play as well as the original MMS I received from my niece.

This didn't happen when I first got my 8130. It has only been going on for the last 2 months. I don't know how long I've had my 8130, but at least 6 months.

I know this isn't an identical problem but maybe this info can help figure out what is causing this.
    05-29-08 12:51 AM
    I've got an 8300- have had it for close to a year I think. I've always had no problem playing videos on it but just yesterday it started giving me error messages when I try to play any videos and then reboots. These are videos I've had on the device for ages and that have played with no problems at all. I haven't made any changes to my BB, I've got plenty of space on the media card and the device (at least according to MemoryUp).

Also yesterday all my call log was erased for some reason.

How do I get the videos to start playing again?
    06-05-08 06:24 AM
    I've got an 8300- have had it for close to a year I think. I've always had no problem playing videos on it but just yesterday it started giving me error messages when I try to play any videos and then reboots. These are videos I've had on the device for ages and that have played with no problems at all. I haven't made any changes to my BB, I've got plenty of space on the media card and the device (at least according to MemoryUp).

Also yesterday all my call log was erased for some reason.

How do I get the videos to start playing again?
    I'd try a battery pull.

Starting Brick Breaker just rebooted my BB
    06-09-08 01:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD