I'm pretty behind on all the software updating. I have v4.3.0.60 (platform 3.1.0.32) But i recently tried to use the BB Messenger and it just won't do what all the manuals tell me to do. I try to add a contact and a screen comes up saying "Select a Contact" and the list says "Empty" and the BB button won't do anything. I just don't know if i'm doing anything wrong or if somethings is messed up. Help
    09-14-08 03:44 PM
    BB Messenger is a messaging program to use between BB users. You need their PIN to set then up in BBM, then you can IM them. Doesn't work with anyone not using a BB, I tried.....
    09-14-08 05:38 PM
    yeah... which is the reason its called blackberry messenger lol... if you need help adding a contact, do a quick search and you will easily find answers. good luck!
    09-14-08 09:31 PM
    i searched and it said there is a prompt telling me to request pin from another BB but i don't have that option on my BB. it doesn't seem to correspond very well with the manuals.
    09-14-08 09:37 PM
    go to blackberry messenger, menu key, add contact, and where it says use once, kit the menu key and you will see request by pin... so try that. but you have to know their pin number
    09-14-08 09:42 PM
    I don't have the use once option. when i hit add a contact it takes me to my address book. so when i open a person's info, i hit the menu button and it says send to messenger but then it gives me a screen saying the contact info is empty and the menu button does nothing.
    09-15-08 12:16 PM
    You have to get the pin # & then set them up as a regular contact with their pin that's the way I do their is not a way to put a pin # in the one time use contact it will only except phone #.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-08 03:08 PM
    You have to get the pin # & then set them up as a regular contact with their pin that's the way I do their is not a way to put a pin # in the one time use contact it will only except phone #.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well with my 8110 I have been able to do the "use once" option... like he said, it brings up the address book and you have to choose one, but if you go to the top then use once should be an option. Just like when you are trying to create any other message (email, sms, mms, etc.) they all have the use once option. You shouldn't have to add them as a contact first.
    09-16-08 06:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD