I was just wondering if anyone else was having issues with the 8130 trackball. I've had multiple issues with the trackball not scrolling and each time I have had to take it in to get a replacement (luckily it is still under warranty). Recently the trackball no longer responds when I press it down. Aside from getting yet ANOTHER replacement, does anyone know of anything that can be done to fix this issue? Do I have a curse on my regarding my phone, or is this a common issue with the 8130?

Thanks!
    10-11-08 06:41 PM
    Replace it again
    I guess...I've had 2 pearls, first one just went white screen on me for some reason...got a replacement, guess it was under warranty. How long is the warranty? How many would this be for you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-08 07:11 PM
    you can clean them. search the forums to find a how to.
    10-11-08 09:15 PM
    I use lens cleaner with a very soft lens cloth to clean my screen. I lock the keyboard to do it. I spray the cloth not the BB then I rub it over the trackball too. Have no problems with it anymore. Good luck!

10-11-08 09:23 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried to clean it each time, but no luck. I have a one year warranty on it, which is about to expire. So hopefully the 7th time is the charm? Thanks again!
    10-11-08 10:38 PM
    My trackball loses 'traction' every few weeks. I'm constantly cleaning it. It would be nice to never have to clean it one day. I'm 6 months into a 3 year contract so it looks like i'll be cleaning it a lot. I think its more of a design issue than anything.
    10-12-08 02:07 AM
    This is a known issue here at Crackberry. Although Verizon denies it.

I'm actually on my 3rd Pearl because of the exact same issue!! Took them 3x to get it right for me. If you are on #7 for the same thing I would recommend that you nicely ask the manager to get you into a curve, bold, or whatever other blackberry your carrier has. This has been a successful thing for a number of other Pearl users. Had my 3rd not worked I would have been asking for a curve.

Remember to ask NICELY, they don't have to do this and ut seems that those who went in with a bad attitude and tempers flaring were told "Sorry..." and those who went in calmly and sympathetic were accommodated quickly!

Good Luck!!

10-12-08 02:23 AM
    I have slipping problems occasionally, but nothing more. Ive had my 8120 for about 9 months. I'm sure it could use a good cleaning. Lens cleaner you say? Ill give that a try.

10-12-08 11:44 AM
    The curve and the pearl have the exact same track ball it won't change between the two of them.
    10-13-08 10:35 PM
    my wife has the same problem with her pearl. I just took it out and uses lens cleaner, or DENATURED alcohol and it works fine now... make sure not to use rubbing alcohol it doesnt evaporate , and will mess up the components
    10-13-08 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD