I'm trying to tether an Alltel 8130 with my gateway laptop which is running Windows Vista 64bit. I can get all the way through the setup until Vista tries to detect the modem. At this point it fails in detecting the phone as a modem, although it will see the RIM device through the Com3 port early in the setup. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    04-11-08 08:51 PM
    Are you trying to tether via Bluetooth? Vista bluetooth stack is very restrictive. Follow the link and follow the instructions exactly. It took me two tries to get it right but it works now, I prefer syncing by USB anyways. My only problem now is the latest version of desktop manager does not recognize my BB in bluetooth mode. I am not sure if there is a fix for the bluetooth in desktop manager or not and I don't really use it anyways. I am tethering to vista 32bit but the 64bit instructions are listed as well. Good Luck! I have not posted before so Crackberry will not let me post the full URL add www. to complete the link

dev-toast.com/2007/01/05/uncrippling-bluetooth-in-vista-rtm/
    04-13-08 12:25 PM
    hey i need to know if this is possible.

i was thinking about installing x64 but now i'm kind of paranoid if i can't bluetooth tether. please someone let me know in the next few days...i would REALLLLLY appreciate it.
    07-19-08 07:35 PM
    Why do you have the 64?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-08 07:36 PM
    I bought a new dell Studio 15 from bestbuy yesterday and it has vista 64 bit. Tried several methods of getting this to tether to my curve but no luck. This was straight forward and concise. Great help! Thanks for the Info!

-Ian
    08-31-08 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD