My brother got a replacement 8130, then found his old one. Could anyone explain how to swap out the sim card in the old one, and reactivate or unlock this phone so I could use it? I'm assuming I can buy a new sim card off of ebay, if this is not the case please let me know.
    08-08-08 07:28 PM
    First of all, I see that you're using Sprint. Sprint runs on a CDMA wireless network, meaning we don't have sim cards. Similarly, the unlocking is irrelevant. If you want to use it you have to call Sprint and tell them you're upgrading your phone from whatever you have now to an 8130, and they will tell you how to do it. I tried the activating online nonsense and it didn't work for me, so I had to call them to do it.
    08-08-08 07:36 PM
    I have a bottom of line sanyo phone with sprint, yes it doesnt use a sim. I did'nt know if they could get his phone working for me, or if I needed a new sim and new carrier.
    08-08-08 10:04 PM
    THERE ARE NOOO sim cards for sprint its CDMA all they would need is the esn number from the phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-08 10:15 PM
    I have a CDMA pearl 8130 as well. I used it while I was in Canada on the bell/solo network but I have just returned to New Zealand, is there anyway to switch the provider or even use it here? Or do I now have an expensive paper weight?
    12-03-10 05:18 PM
    That will be up to your provider. They have to be willing to add the esn to their system.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-10 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD