I'm wondering if there is something wrong with my screen or with the elements that make up the different themes that are causing my problem. With the Sprint theme, the screen is nice and clear with no areas that are brighter or darker than other areas for both menus. Everything is uniform. When I loaded up the Dimension Themes, any of them, the upper part of the screen until right under the GPS symbol, across the screen and up where the rest of the phone info(time, date, battery, reception) is seems to be at like.. 90% opacity. That whole area, the background seems to be lightened a bit compared to the rest of the area below it that seems to be 100% opacity. It's like the upper area is seperated by a lighter block on the screen. When I go to any other screen than the two main menus, the screen is fine and I see no white haze on the upper part of the screen. When I looked at the difference between the Sprint screen and the Dimensions Themes, Sprint uses a soild white font for all the info at the top of the screen. The dimension themes have the inner part of the font black and the outer part rimmed in white. Do you think that the two color font is causing things to be lighter on top? Can anyone else that has a Sprint 8130 try switching themes to see if this is happening to them?
    11-28-07 03:58 PM
    yes mine is like that as well didnt notice it until u mention it im gonna have to get a case or soemthing sure leaves lots of finger prints lolol
    11-28-07 04:29 PM
    it sounds broken..

send it to me immediately...

-db
    11-28-07 04:38 PM
    yes mine is like that as well didnt notice it until u mention it im gonna have to get a case or soemthing sure leaves lots of finger prints lolol
    Ok, good(well not really, u know what I mean). I didn't feel like having to o back to Sprint and get a new one. I could have swore when I first got it that it wasn't like that though, but it probably was and I was just to caught up in trying to learn how to use it that I didn't pay attention to it. I guess I may try to play with the theme creator to see what I can come up with. I don't think Plazmik has made a designer yet though that comes with the L design for the menu. That's the one I like.
    11-28-07 06:53 PM
    it sounds broken..

send it to me immediately...

-db
    NEVVAAAAAAHHHH!!! :-b
    11-28-07 06:53 PM
    Mine is like this also. I did notice it when I had an all black screen photo background. I called my verizon guy and he siad they are all like this in the L Theme home screen. Look at this crackberry review and scroll down to screenshots of homescreen, you can see it in their photo.

Hands-On With RIM's New OS 4.3.1 for the BlackBerry Curve & BlackBerry Pearl 8100 | CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by dsump; 12-02-07 at 07:54 AM.
    12-02-07 07:44 AM
    Ahh, ok. I guess I'm not the only one then.
    12-03-07 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD