Hey everyone, a few questions for the experts:

1. Do you guys do anything special with your browser configuration to enhance your web viewing on the 8130. So far, I'm not at all impressed with the web on this phone. It's not much better than my old Sanyo, and that wasn't even a "smartphone".

2. Also, I bought a 2 gig Sandisc memory card. I just put it in the phone. I didn't "format" it and was never prompted to. Do I need to? How do I access things that I've stored on it?

3. I've noticed the Sprint TV only plays clips of shows on the free channels. How do you view the full show?

4. Does anyone use the Skeemr MP3 website. How do you download songs from there onto your phone?

Thanks for any replys!!!
    Flyer
    12-09-07 02:28 PM
    Per #4,
    You right click on the name of the song and SAVE it. You can't download it straight to your phone because for some reason there seems to be a 500KB file size cap that restricts you from downloading anything larger.. i think it's BS because my MotoQ could do it. Anyone know of a way to remove this restriction?

#2 requires you to most likely soft-reset your phone, that's what got the card to work for me. Try putting some music on it and see if it shows up in the media player. You don't have to format it usually, the phone takes care of it. Sometimes a soft-reset is required, like i said.
    12-09-07 03:43 PM
    PDA/Smartphone virgin here so I know nothing and can't really find any basic info about HOW to do things on the phone.

What is a soft reset?
    12-11-07 12:39 PM
    a soft reset is turn the power off of the phone by holding down the hang up or red icon button until is says powering off or something.

Try this page for tips: Main Page - BlackBerryFAQ
    12-11-07 05:53 PM
    Hey everyone, a few questions for the experts:

1. Do you guys do anything special with your browser configuration to enhance your web viewing on the 8130. So far, I'm not at all impressed with the web on this phone. It's not much better than my old Sanyo, and that wasn't even a "smartphone".

2. Also, I bought a 2 gig Sandisc memory card. I just put it in the phone. I didn't "format" it and was never prompted to. Do I need to? How do I access things that I've stored on it?

3. I've noticed the Sprint TV only plays clips of shows on the free channels. How do you view the full show?

4. Does anyone use the Skeemr MP3 website. How do you download songs from there onto your phone?

Thanks for any replys!!!
    Flyer
    1. download Opera Mini I love it. Its just like a desktop Internet explorer.
    2. You don't have to do a thing. But when you plug in your phone to your desktop you must enable the multi-media when prompted. When you do this your card works like a thumbdrive and you can drag and drop.Music and movies and ringtones you place on your phone will automaticly be picked up from your multimedia player on your BB as well as pictures!!
    3.I have Verizon not Sprint and don't care to watch TV on my phone sorry can't help ya there.
    4.I use Limewire and copy and paste all my music via desktop so I can't help ya here either. But if your looking for longer ringtones check out cellsea.com/index under download and fun for a mess load of free ringtones that you can send right to your phone. The directions there are easy to follow.

hope this helps!!
    12-11-07 09:27 PM
    a soft reset is turn the power off of the phone by holding down the hang up or red icon button until is says powering off or something.

Try this page for tips: Main Page - BlackBerryFAQ
    Wait I understood "soft reset" to mean doing a reset of the phone without pulling the battery (hard reset) either through keyboard shortcut ALT + CAP + DELETE or in the 8130's case I had to download and install an application that'll do a soft reset for me. Turning off the phone is simply turning off the phone but that does not reset the device (as I've learned).
    12-12-07 07:05 AM
    I just got my BB 2 days ago and started making my own ring tones instead of looking for ones.

I went and D/L'd an app called "Audacity" (its freeware) to edit my mp3's. I just find the part in the song I want to make a ring tone and cut that section out and copy it to my phone.

Also I just D/L'd Opera Mini... much better I think so far than the standard browser.

Another Tip I got from reading other posts in dont install the newest desktop manager software 4.3. but get the 4.2 beta 2. I originally installed the 4.3 and had lots of problems with it crashing. No porblems with the 4.2 beta 2.
    Last edited by Osiis; 12-12-07 at 10:25 AM.
    12-12-07 10:21 AM
    You can also go into the settings of the BB browser and change it's emulation, enable javascript, html tables, choose whether it loads WML/HTML, etc.
    12-13-07 08:53 AM
    Thanks for all the replys! I DL'd Opera mini and like it much better. Unfortunatley, I'm still clueless on how and where to download songs to my 8130. I've tried that Skeemer site but have had no luck. I know how to search and play a song but not how to download. One of the earlier posters said I need to right click and download. I've right clicked all the provided links but down loading hasn't been given as an option. I've installed the the BB desktop manager and assuming I need to put the songs in the Roxio Media Manager and then from there onto the device. But like I said, not sure how to download or put them into Roxio. Any detailed instructions would be greatly appreciated!

flyer
    12-13-07 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD