Earlier today my phone was very sluggish, not registering when I clicked the track ball and just generally lagging. Well, a few hours after that started my phone started texting blank messages to people. It actually texted someone over 20 times Then it started calling back any missed calls, emailing people and basically navigating around the phone itself.
    There's no water damage, tried taking the battery out, etc but it still decides to do it's own thing.

I'm going to a Telus store in a few days to hopefully get it checked out/swapped. But in the mean time, anyone know what could've caused this?
    Last edited by asthmaissexy; 07-03-08 at 05:18 PM. Reason: changed the title
    07-03-08 05:16 PM
    Bizarre. Is it's head spinning around?

Have you checked your free memory? Any new applications you've installed? Upgraded OS or anything else odd?
    07-03-08 05:35 PM
    Free memory's 14712428 bytes, and i haven't updated or installed anything.
    Now it's just stopped ringing all together and the notification light will go on when someone calls. I'm afraid it may try to kill me soon.
    07-03-08 05:48 PM
    I know that normally water damage can make it go goofy, but since you said no water damage...

Maybe you should try some water. Holy water!

Sorry - I got nothing else for you. Put it in the middle of your bible, wrap it in a shroud and take it back to the store! Sleep well with that thing in the house.
    07-03-08 05:55 PM
    You may want to back it up just in case it dies on you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-08 06:00 PM
    I've already backed everything up thankfully.

Now it's decided to mute itself when I'm on the phone. This is just getting entertaining now hahah. Anyone want to place bets on what it'll do next?
    07-03-08 06:30 PM
    Try a battery pull for at least 30 seconds.

07-03-08 06:51 PM
    Tried that a few times to no avail. I headed over to Telus tonight and they're going to just swap it for me. Apparently it's a known issue.
    07-03-08 08:27 PM
    I have the same phone on Telus and lets just hope it is not a common issue, I have this phone for at least 3 years

On the upside, can anyone comment on how often you can get a good deal with them for upgrades ?
    07-03-08 09:43 PM
    Tonight I was told that if you go through 3 replacements (which apparently isnt a problem with this phone) they'll just upgrade you for free. The rep told me to expect to go through the 3 replacements in about a month and a half
    07-03-08 11:32 PM
    Earlier today my phone was very sluggish, not registering when I clicked the track ball and just generally lagging. Well, a few hours after that started my phone started texting blank messages to people. It actually texted someone over 20 times Then it started calling back any missed calls, emailing people and basically navigating around the phone itself.
    There's no water damage, tried taking the battery out, etc but it still decides to do it's own thing.

I'm going to a Telus store in a few days to hopefully get it checked out/swapped. But in the mean time, anyone know what could've caused this?
    That's really creepy...
    07-03-08 11:36 PM
    That is a known issue!? A haunted phone!!?

07-03-08 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD