Since my pearl is always with me, i practically use it as my music player too.
    I just hate having so many items in my pocket. Especially, when i'm in the sauna at the gym, i get to see who's calling and listen to jams while relaxing.
    SWEEEEEETTT!!!
    You actually take your phone into the sauna? H377, thats hotter than leaving it in a car & when its said not to do that b/c of the heat - you take it into a hotter place!
    Why dont you just drop it in water? I thought everyone had enough sense to know that the heat from a sauna can cause just enough, if not more damage than actually dropping it into water.

Anyway, I prefer having my music/audio books on my iPod Touch. I dont want to have to worry about trying to make it through a full day; depending on my phone, but killing the battery that much faster b/c I'm listening to music on it - defeats the purpose of needing the "phone."

Most of my audiobooks come from audible.com & considering the format is proprietary, it is a P.I.T.A to complete the 72 steps necessary to listen to them. My iPod Touch is constantly on 8 -12 hours a day.
    08-31-08 01:58 AM
    I have an iPod touch 16gb that I use for music and videos. I just don't like having everything on 1 device drawing on 1 battery. And the iPod is a much better media player anyway.
    08-31-08 02:35 AM
    I never had an ipod, and never wanted an ipod. I do however, have a PPC6800 that I setup as a wifi internet appliance (since my BB doesnt have service or wifi in my current place of employment, i travel for a living) and a standalone gps (using garmin xt).

For awhile i used it as an mp3 player, mostly so I didn't waste my BB battery (not that i dont have like 40 chargers). Of course, I did lose my 2GB micro SD card awhile back, and my backup is only a 512, So i put some music on that in my BB pearl. The ppc6800 screen is larger and I use it for videos as well most of the time. I am upgrading to a curve in the next few days (the closest alltel store is an hour away), and might switch over totally (except for the wifi/gps, why waste the battery).

Using my 6800 as a media player, I can take it into places like the sauna and not worry if it gets destroyed (since it's not my main device).

I'm probably rambling now, but you get the point.
    08-31-08 12:52 PM
    I have a few songs on my pearl but I mainly use my Ipod touch for music, videos, and wifi. My pearl is great for calls, texting, and internet when I don't have my ipod touch. I think having both is a great combination. If only apple would make safari for blackberry, then I could sync the bookmarks on my computer with both of my mobile devices. But I doubt that's ever going to happen lol.
    08-31-08 03:52 PM
    I got music on my BB but just as a backup I mostly use the touch ipod

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-08 04:53 PM
    I use a mixture of my Pearl with a 1GB memory card or my 2gb Archos 105. It tends to be my pearl because I have less to carr.
    08-31-08 05:15 PM
    I always have my Pearl with me, and only sometimes have my iPod. The pearl music player is nice when you're walking a short distance to somewhere (class) and don't want to carry anything but your phone with you. On longer runs and walks however, I generally bring my iPod.
    08-31-08 10:52 PM
    I have been using the Pearl 8130 for a few months and have stopped using my ipod. I was going to get a new ipod but the Pearl works good enough for my needs.
    09-01-08 07:36 AM
    welll i don'y have an 8130, but I do have an pearl and I still use my ipod
    09-01-08 09:06 AM
    I do not use my phone as a music player! Yes I do have music on it like my favorite albums! But I buy all my music on iTunes so i wouldnt even be able to put it on my BB. So I use my iPod Classic 160 GB! WHoot!
    09-01-08 11:11 AM
    I have an old school 1st gen 2gb Nano iPod and I still wouldn't replace it with my Pearl. Not that my Pearl couldn't surpass my iPod when it comes to memory (4gb microSD anyone?) but the fact that my Pearl has so many other features that I don't really have time to play any music on it. I do think it does have a nice media player but just don't see the need to use it for playing music.
    09-01-08 04:27 PM
    I use a 4th Gen 20GB iPod in the car only. For everything else, I use my BB with a 4GB card. With BlackBerry Media Sync I only have to use iTunes to handle my 66GB of music. Haven't tried watching a movie on my BB though.
    09-02-08 12:35 PM
    I have a few songs on my pearl but I mainly use my Ipod touch for music, videos, and wifi. My pearl is great for calls, texting, and internet when I don't have my ipod touch. I think having both is a great combination. If only apple would make safari for blackberry, then I could sync the bookmarks on my computer with both of my mobile devices. But I doubt that's ever going to happen lol.
    I'm glad I found this post so I know I'm not the only one who likes to juggle two devices I am getting a Blackberry Pearl from work and I've been thinking of getting an iPod Touch because I like the interface (touch screen, music, video, cover flow, games & apps), and all in all, it's a better multimedia device while the Blackberry is for productivity and functionality. \

Just my 2 cents
    Last edited by Orionpkmyz; 11-25-08 at 10:49 AM.
    11-25-08 10:45 AM
    I own both a Pearl and a touch. And I love both equally!!!

My touch is for my movies and music...and my Pearl...EVERYTHING else.

Gotta love my compartments in my purse. I always wondered why there were always 2 cell phone pouches in the inside of all my purses...now I know..for my Pearl and my touch!!!
    11-25-08 11:18 AM
    I don't own an iPod of any kind. What I did have before getting my Pearl back in May was an Olympus digital voice recorder/mp3 player. I love my little Olympus, but had no way to play it other than listening through the ear buds (bad for driving, which I do a lot)...I also need it for my business/school (I'm a Vocal major and voice teacher).

That being said, my Pearl is quickly outpacing my little Olympus. I immediately placed all my practice tracks on my Pearl, then when I got my new Ford Fusion with Sync in July, I was able to play my music through the bluetooth car stereo. I can put all the tracks and live recordings I have from my Olympus right on my phone...but I'm just now realizing that I could do all the live recording I need to onto my phone. I have yet to try that and see if the quality is as good or if it eats battery too badly (voice lessons are an hour long). I have added several albums I like to listen to, as well.

One thing I think I would miss from my Olympus is the ability to put indexes in a live recording so that I can return to a specific place each time. I doubt my Pearl has that ability.

As for buying music through iTunes, it doesn't make putting them on your BB impossible. Just burn a CD (eh, you were going to do that anyway, to back up your music) then open the CD in Windows Media and import it. Then you can sync it right to your berry, no problem.

besiderself
    11-25-08 02:30 PM
    I use an iPod for music and my blackberry for, well, blackberry stuff. I contemplated the iPhone but using an iphone for both phone and music results in really bad battery life, so I stick with my iPod and pearl

11-25-08 03:10 PM
    I mainly use my Pearl. I now have 3x 8Gb SD cards so i'll be able to take some serious music while on the road.

Only time I use my Creative Zen:M 60Gb is in the car while doing long travel (2+ hours)
    11-25-08 04:18 PM
    I use my 80 classic ipod a lot. I use in my car, business trips, and in my kitchen at my house. I love my 8130, but I will not give up my ipod.
    11-25-08 04:28 PM
    I'm glad I found this post so I know I'm not the only one who likes to juggle two devices I am getting a Blackberry Pearl from work and I've been thinking of getting an iPod Touch because I like the interface (touch screen, music, video, cover flow, games & apps), and all in all, it's a better multimedia device while the Blackberry is for productivity and functionality. \

Just my 2 cents
    definetly get an itouch there great! Its funny to think that just three years ago I had an ipod mini, palm m130, kyocera slider, portable DVD player, and a 2MP
    Camera to do everything my ipod and pearl can do. I can't wait till there's a smartphone that can actually do all these things well. Some manufacturers have gotten close but no device so far is actually able to do all of these things well. But I'm sure most people will be happy with the ipod and pearl combination.

11-25-08 09:27 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD