I'm a Blackberry newb ... only had my Verizon 8130 for about a week ... Absolutely love it so far ...

I do have one annoyance with the music player that I can't find any information on and was wondering if it might be a problem with my BB.

At the beginning and end of every song, there is a loud 'pop' noise that makes it unbearable to listen to for long periods of time ... When I have my headphones in, it reverberates through my head, and when I have it plugged into the aux jack of my car, it sounds like it's going to blow my speakers ...

The songs play fine and I'm actually surprised by the sound quality, but that annoying 'pop' is keeping me from using it.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue, or if I should take it back and get another one ...

Thanks
    keith
    02-18-08 03:14 PM
    I do not have that problem with my 8820. What kind of adapter are you using? Is it a BB compatible? That could be the problem.
    02-18-08 04:00 PM
    My 8130 has a 3.5mm jack on the side ... I'm using a set of Sony Hi-Fi ITE headphones ... According to the manual, I should be able to use any standard set of headphones to listen to music ...

I could be wrong though ... ??
    02-18-08 04:14 PM
    My 8130 has a 3.5mm jack on the side ... I'm using a set of Sony Hi-Fi ITE headphones ... According to the manual, I should be able to use any standard set of headphones to listen to music ...

I could be wrong though ... ??
    If you have a 3.5mm jack on the side then you should not need an adapter. I have a 2.5 jack on my 8820 so I had to get a special BB adapter for 2.5 to 3.5mm. Hmmm... I'm not sure why you may be getting that popping sound.
    02-18-08 04:29 PM
    I'm now having the same problem. Did you ever get this resolved?
    04-01-08 05:53 PM
    I don't have the issue on my 8130 and I use a different set of earphones then what came with the phone.

I only loaded 1 album so far (I watch more videos then listen to music) and if recall, they were existing MP3 files and I copied them through Media Manager onto my SD card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-08 07:23 AM
    I've noticed the sound at the beginning and at the end of an MP3 track. To me it sounds like the audio being turned on and off.
    04-02-08 11:41 AM
    dlefitah (Keith) reported what I'm hearing which is a really loud pop, but only when using a headset or a cable connected to the input on my car. It's almost painful.
    04-02-08 12:07 PM
    It may be the way that the songs were loaded thats causing the pops. All my songs that I have loaded was by ripping CD's through windows media player and just dragging and dropping on to my SD card. I never have any pops between songs and have over 400 songs loaded.
    Last edited by Garz; 04-02-08 at 01:58 PM. Reason: punctuation
    04-02-08 01:58 PM
    The problem never got solved, but the pop did seem to diminish when I upgraded to the latest version of the verizon software ...

It does sound like the audio is turning on and off before and after each track ... It seems to be bearable now ...
    04-10-08 08:07 PM
    I have a sprint 8130 and also use it to listen to media player hooked up to my stereo system, once a new song starts, there's a slight pop. When I use headphones and my stereo in the house. There is a Audio Boost within the media player options that can be set to yes and no. Mine is currently set to yes but I havent attempt to try it out on no yet.
    04-10-08 09:02 PM
    dleiftah and coolwacoguy, thanks.

I checked, my audioboost is off. And I used some compressed air in the jack, and that helped my headphones, but I just used it in my car in the aux jack and theres a pop AND a hum between songs.
    04-10-08 09:23 PM
    Sounds like the audioplayer is switching to speakerphone and back at the end of every track. I have not encountered this on my Pearl yet.
    04-11-08 09:45 AM
    Thanks, that's interesting - do you know of a way to stop it? I'm on the latest software from Verizon.
    04-11-08 11:37 AM
    I think there was a thread or 2 posted about the speakerphone issue already.
    04-11-08 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD