So this morning I was using my BB and all of a sudden the antenna turned off. Odd I though, so I turned it back on, 20minutes later, again. Then a bit later I made a phone call and it turned off in the middle of the call. So I pulled the battery. The radio kept just turning off.

I had recently installed OS .138. So I tried upgrading it to .160, still had the issue. So then I went back to the latest Verizon version of .77, still no go.

What's weird is if I keep it on the Manage Connections screen the radio will stay on, and apparently data will transfer (I see the arrows flash). But if I take it out of the Manage Connections screen it the radio will eventually turn off.

Has anyone seen this before, on this or any other BlackBerry?
    07-24-09 03:24 PM
    I had mine shut off on me today. Had sent a text to a friend and didn't hear anything back and than I noticed it was off.

I also saw this with my previous pearl (got a replacement 2 weeks ago) a few times but never pinpointed an issue that was causing it. software version in signature
    07-25-09 01:28 AM
    I had the 8130 with Alltel and my pearl did the same thing. I was out of warranty though so they pretty much told me I was S.O.L, or buy a new phone since I didn't have insurance.
    07-25-09 12:57 PM
    Is your battery charged up? If the battery gets too low the radio can switch off
    07-25-09 01:04 PM
    I had the same problem with 2 different 8130's. Not sure what causes it, but both times I was given a replacement Pearl. Seems like it's not common, Take it to a corporate store. They should be able to help.
    07-25-09 08:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD