Okay so what I have noticed thus far with the memory is there isnt a lot of it. My question is what all takes up the device memory? For example I know that themes are loaded onto the device memory but im trying to figure out why my memory is soo low? I have only loaded on 1 custom theme and only have brickbreaker, sprint tv, and sprint music loaded on.
    And I guess another question would be how would one free up device memory and is there a way to load themes onto your media card instead?
    07-28-08 09:48 AM
    Follow the Stoner Procedure in my sig. He'll show you how to do everything you need, except for the themes. Once you've done his procedure, there's a procedure by John Clark that will help you with the themes, but you should do Stoner's procedure first.
    Last edited by JeffH; 07-28-08 at 09:52 AM. Reason: added detail
    07-28-08 09:51 AM
    Here's a great way to get the most out of the device memory -

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

And Themes cannot be installed to the media card.
    07-28-08 09:51 AM
    You must install themes to your device memoury. Media cards are for just that - media. Pics, vids, music, etc.

Every single process and app on your phone takes up memoury - some apps allocate more, some less. Your Pearl only comes equipped with 64MB of flash mem, which is honestly a very small amount. You can do a search for Stoner's Guide to Memoury Optimization, or simply download MaxMem from BlackBerryTrade.com OTA. This will allow you to delete VAD, PTT, unused themes, etc. Please note that you must backup your device prior to using this program. Also, clearing your event log, internet cache, and properly closing apps (IE Menu>Close) all help tremendously. Finally, doing a battery pull 1-2 times a week will clear up tons of memoury. Good luck!
    07-28-08 09:52 AM
    Thanks everyone for the timely response!!!! I'm reading through stoners guide right now and looks like is quite a few different things that can be done. Here goes nothing
    07-28-08 09:59 AM
    Thanks everyone for the timely response!!!! I'm reading through stoners guide right now and looks like is quite a few different things that can be done. Here goes nothing
    Just follow the instructions thoroughly and carefully, and you'll have a smooth running BB.
    07-28-08 10:01 AM
    how do you clear the event log? is it alt lglg
    07-28-08 10:03 AM
    Yep - then hit Menu, Clear Log.
    07-28-08 10:04 AM
    yeah... but your Berry will automatically clear that if it ever needs to because of low memory situations! I have only cleared mine once, and the effects were soooo minimal that I am never going to again!
    07-28-08 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD