It will turn on but the scroll ball is slow and when I try to type it doesn't work right, it mixes up letters. I put it in a bag of rice to hopefully soak out the moisture. Do you have any other suggestions? Or perhaps just friendly reassurance that my poor blackberry will survive?
    08-09-09 07:38 PM
    i had mine under the fan for 30 or 45 min and it worked again after i dropped it in the sink. it was doing the same thing yours is before it dried out though.

my friends mom uses a dehumidifier to dry out phones quite often and from what i hear that thing works great.

good luck and post back with your results
    08-09-09 09:02 PM
    You could also leave it buried in uncooked rice (with a dehumidifier if you live in a very humid climate) for a day or so. Rice absorbs moisture.
    08-09-09 09:17 PM
    You could also leave it buried in uncooked rice (with a dehumidifier if you live in a very humid climate) for a day or so. Rice absorbs moisture.
    best of both worlds...you cant go wrong with that
    08-10-09 12:11 AM
    I've left it in rice for like a day and a half and it works but it still has water spots ALL OVER the screen and it's driving me crazy. Think I should just leave it in there longer?
    08-10-09 10:02 AM
    yes, leave it in there for a few days. Might take a while but folks have said it works nicely.
    08-10-09 02:38 PM
    patience is a virtue
    08-10-09 03:10 PM
    I don't think that leaving it in there longer is going to take care of water spots... Those occur from impurities in the water. When the water evaporates, it leaves the impurities behind. It's the same effect as drops falling on a car. You may have to replace the screen or the protector.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 06:42 PM
    sorry to hear that
    08-10-09 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD