My friend has an 8130 with an old os, it's 4.5.0.127. I had him get on desktop manager and see if an update was available, it says that he is up to date. From just looking around I think that there is a newer one available for him?? Can someone please help me out?

His carrier is Altel. IF ... there is an update does it have to be from Altel or can he use a different carrier? If so, any chance someone could walk me through it? I always seem to jack up the updates on my phone so I don't want to lead him wrong since he's 200 miles away and I am trying to help him by IMing.

Please, please and thank you!!
    07-06-10 09:08 PM
    My friend has an 8130 with an old os, it's 4.5.0.127. I had him get on desktop manager and see if an update was available, it says that he is up to date. From just looking around I think that there is a newer one available for him?? Can someone please help me out?

His carrier is Altel. IF ... there is an update does it have to be from Altel or can he use a different carrier? If so, any chance someone could walk me through it? I always seem to jack up the updates on my phone so I don't want to lead him wrong since he's 200 miles away and I am trying to help him by IMing.

Please, please and thank you!!
    He can use any 8130 os update from any carrier, he just has to remove the vendor file. I wouldn't suggest doing this if you've never done it before. Search the forums for more detailed help.
    07-07-10 12:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD