Hi all,

I have tried to do an os upgrade on my phone and now the phone is wiped but I can't reinstall the new os. Its not being detected by the computer via usb anymore because it says it malfunctioned.

The OS I'm trying to install is 4.5.0.77

Your help would be very appreciated

REgards,

Sylvain
    10-26-08 12:03 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry Sylvain.

The problem is most likley a corrupted USB driver. The USB drivers are packaged with BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

Use Windows Control Panel / Programs / Uninstall and select the Repair option. That should correct the problem. Alternatly, re-Install DTM from the original download.
    10-26-08 12:53 PM
    I should have added that I have the 507 error and that it detects it if its not to that screen or the battery is not in.
    10-26-08 01:35 PM
    Do what Reed says to the computer. It will most likely fix it.

The 507 error is normal after a phone wipe. In fact it's what the phone says when it's wiped. This error has nothing to do with a battery erro. The battery MUST be in the phone whilst you are doig an OS upgrade.

If you are not onstalling your xarrier's OS then I'd recommend that you get CrackMem from the link in my signature as t will help you with the install process an the help text contans some useful links.
    10-26-08 01:39 PM
    Thanks!!!

I was to install the Alltel one but I have noticed that my carrier (bell mobility) had version 4.5.0.77 out so that is the one IK am trying to install.
    10-26-08 01:46 PM
    I did a fresh install of DTM 6.0 and it still give me the usb device is not recognised.

If the battery is not in, it detects the phone no problem but as soon as it gets to the 507 error screen,after reinserting the battery, the communication stops
    10-26-08 02:33 PM
    I presume you mean BlackBerry Desktop Manager v4.6, there is no version 6 software.

That should have corrected the most common USB problems. BlackBerry has produced a USB troubleshooting guide.

BlackBerry Search Results

10-26-08 03:06 PM
    yes that is what I meant sorry.

I'm currently trying on another computer to see if it will work.
    10-26-08 03:33 PM
    How much are the possibilities of my phone causing this issue after 2 computers were tried ?
    10-26-08 04:21 PM
    Unless anyone has anymore Idea, I have given up on this issue. I will see with my supplier if I can get a new one but besides that I'm screwed.

thanks for the help you were able to give.
    10-27-08 09:38 AM
    I had to re-install 4 times to get to finally work. I just about s*** my pants when I saw the error. Keep at it. It will install eventually.
    10-27-08 11:21 AM
    I had to re-install 4 times to get to finally work. I just about s*** my pants when I saw the error. Keep at it. It will install eventually.
    You were correct. I do not understand why after multiple tries it just worked.
    What can you do right?

My BB is back online! yay! Thanks for every ones input.

There is a new pearl on the way, which I will have to ship back unless it has more features than this one.

I heard that the wi-fi is actually active on the new-Gen. We'll see

thanks again

Sylvain
    10-28-08 12:05 PM
    I heard that the wi-fi is actually active on the new-Gen. We'll see

thanks again

Sylvain
    I am glad to hear you were able to restore it after all. That does imply a marginal USB port connection.

Your device is specific to CDMA carriers, none of them support Wifi. Don't get your hopes up on that account.
    10-28-08 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD