CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 8130 connect to MacBook Pro results in constant reboots

I searched for similar issues but didn't find any, so apologies if this has been covered already...

I tried syncing my Pearl 8130 with my MacBook Pro (the newest model, running Leopard 10.5.6) for the first time today, and had all kinds of problems. I tried PocketMac (with updated drivers). I tried Missing Sync. In both cases I had the same problem.

I think that the issue is quite basic -- there seems to be a problem connecting my Pearl to the MacBook. When I plug in the USB cable, the Pearl goes into a constant reboot cycle. I see the Verizon V screen, then the beach ball, rinse, repeat, and so on. The Blackberry never shows up as a device on my desktop, but if I look in the system profiler I see it hooked up under USB as a RIM Composite Device.

Anybody have ideas on this? My Pearl hooks up fine to my work laptop (Windows XP). So, this feels like a Mac driver problem, but I believe I have the latest driver available (the one from the PocketMac page at blackberry.com).

Any help appreciated...
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Not an answer, but cross-linking because I finally did find a relevant thread in another forum:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/leo...ge-mode-70166/

Sorry about the multiple post. Unfortunately, that thread isn't resolved either.