Currently, I have the 8130 with sprint, but am looking to get on board to t-mobile with their 8120... Gotta love the wi fi! But, besides the aforementioned wifi, what advantages does the t-mobile pearl have over sprints? I'm really not interested in a curve due to the size... I like the pearl for form and functions.. Also, If I bought an at&t pearl, would it work on t-mobiles network? Im coming from CDMA so I dont know how that works on the GSM Side of things...

Also, how is T-mobile over all compared to sprint? Will I regret doing this?

I am so hooked on the berry!
    Last edited by Haywirem520; 07-28-08 at 09:21 AM.
    07-28-08 09:14 AM
    I myself am purchasing the 8120 soon, mostly for the Wifi and [email protected] Tmo compared to Sprint...hands down tmo man....been with for a year and a half no trouble ever...just recently moved so I have barely any service at my krib...hence the hotspot...In my opinion sprint is a sinking ship, better to swim away then go down with it
    07-28-08 09:21 AM
    Well, due to my credit, I first have to get on a flex plan, but I was told after one month my plan could go to a normal one? Does that sound accurate or a load of hooey? Also, What about the At&t pearls could I use it with t-mobile? I may snag one quickly here on ebay if i can!
    07-28-08 09:24 AM
    Well, due to my credit, I first have to get on a flex plan, but I was told after one month my plan could go to a normal one? Does that sound accurate or a load of hooey? Also, What about the At&t pearls could I use it with t-mobile? I may snag one quickly here on ebay if i can!
    As long as the ATT Pearl is unlocked you can... and that goes for any other GSM device as well!
    07-28-08 09:26 AM
    Ok, so It would have to say on the ebay listing that it is unlocked then, correct? I just dont want to buy it and then end up having a nice looking bookmark!
    07-28-08 09:31 AM
    if its unlocked, the phone will accept a sim card from any service provider, however people tend to sell 'unlocked' phones for more than they are worth. i say you buy the phone and unlock it yourself or locally.
    07-28-08 02:01 PM
    Yeah if you are going to get an AT&T make sure you buy it and then unlock it yourself it will be much cheaper

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-08 07:08 PM
    Does the 8130 really not have Wi-fi. I was planning on upgrading my Alltel clamshell LG to an Alltel Pearl 8130 in about a month.
    07-28-08 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD