I have a blackberry 8120 which was on Suncom which is now T-Mobile. I downloaded the latest software from T-mobile for this device and deleted the vendor xml file. Even after the update the my faves icons don't show up and the uma function does not work. Anybody have some ideas on what I should try to fix this besides buy a new one from T-Mobile?
    09-24-08 10:40 PM
    This is probably because the vendor code on your device does not match the vendor code of the myFaves .cod in the .alx file

You might be able to load this by modifying the .alx file for the OS...

I am not sure if unlocking the device would allow for the TMobile OS to be loaded with myFaves included or not that is a good question...

First, call TMobile and ask for an unlock code for your device. Then unlock it and see if it works... then check back here and let us know what happened.

If it doesn't work, then we might need to do some .alx file modding!
    09-24-08 10:44 PM
    I have already had it unlocked for the sim is there any other unlocking that needs to be done?

Thanks
    09-24-08 10:50 PM
    If you still have a suncom plan you can not get the fave five. I work with t mobile so when u activate a tmo phone with my faves the system will automatically set the screen with the my fave and u cant get it unless u have the my fave plan.
    09-25-08 11:13 PM
    I have a tmo plan but the icons noe the ums functions work.
    09-26-08 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD