I have the 8120 and I HATE IT!!!! I have had it for 10 months and it has been replaced twice for defects, both in the software (it would not backup or restore without nuking itself) and hardware ( the glue holding the screen on began to peel back under the screen and it was not left in direct light). Along the way it has reprogrammed itself (removed the cursor on the browser, un-ABC'd the phonebook, and most recently pressing the trackball no longer selects the highlighted option).
    I am in the process or upgrading the software, but has anyone else experienced any similar problems? Any help is appreciated. BTW, my carrier is T-Mobile.
    04-23-09 11:50 AM
    Boy am I sorry to hear that. I have had my 8120 with Tmobile for a year and love it. I just upgraded to the official 4.5 OS. So I would call CS and raise h*ll that they are giving you such crappy equipment you do not pay good money for something that is not doing what you paid for. The only thing wrong with mine is that the paint is starting to wear off around the track ball.
    04-23-09 01:38 PM
    I'd contact TMO on this problem, I've had a 8120 for awhile with no problems like you have described very odd.
    04-23-09 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD