Hey guys,

I looked around the forums but didn't find the answer I needed. My 8120's ear speaker has sounded buzzy for quite some time now when I turn the volume up, don't know why. I don't have audio boost on. I'd like to replace the speaker and I've found the speakers online but I have yet to find installation instructions.

Anyone know how to replace the EAR speaker or where there's a write up or video?

Much thanks!!

Zippy!
    08-04-09 12:29 AM
    first check in your call options (during the call) and make sure the bass or treble boost isnt on
    08-04-09 12:39 AM
    No, no audio options are on, for sure, I checked and re-checked before posting. The ear speaker has a vibration and sounds buzzy when I raise the ear speaker volume anywhere up above mid level. I bought the phone off a friend and I'm sure he dropped it a few times. There's scars on the corners of the side rails. I'm thinking ear speaker is damaged.
    08-04-09 01:36 AM
    Actually, I'm looking for removal/installation instructions for the ear speaker specifically. For instance, does the ear speaker have to be soldered in place or does it snap out/snap in? I know I need to remove the lens cover first and I know how to do that.
    08-04-09 01:21 PM
    if you are at all familiar with small electronics, it's actually quite simple. you just need to find a bit that fits the screws. there are 2 hidden under the bottom piece. just be gentle with it. the camera is connected to the board with a short wire, it pops right out, and then back in again. the speaker just slides in and out. ill look for a write up on it and post it here if i find it.

Here's a youtube video on it:
    Last edited by c0ch3s3; 08-04-09 at 01:43 PM. Reason: found video
    08-04-09 01:32 PM
    Thanks cochese. I notice the guts and assembly are a little different from the 8100 in the video than my 8120 but I may go ahead and try it anyway.

Zip
    08-05-09 02:31 PM
    Cochese, when you say the speaker slides in and out, are you speaking of the "speakerphone" or the ear speaker at the top-front of the phone?
    08-05-09 03:49 PM
    im having that problems too with the speakers...
    11-26-09 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD