Hi,

I have a 8120, And pay per month (pay as you go) �10, And recieve free access to facebook.

Only problem is i only have 'hotspot browser' in the browser settings. I need to change it to internet browser so i have read a few times? to get onto the orange world and access facebook.

What do i need to do? Thanks.
    06-23-09 07:40 AM
    The issue is, there are no Pay as you go plans that include BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS). BIS is required for email, messenger, Internet Browser and most third party applications.

The only solution is a plan that does include BIS.

06-23-09 10:12 AM
    So theres no way i can get my free internet? Is there not another browser i can use?
    06-23-09 10:18 AM
    i only have 'hotspot browser' ...
    HotSpot Browser is your free internet connection.

Optional third party Browsers still requre the BIS connections.
    06-23-09 01:07 PM
    But using the hotspot browser i can only use wi fi, Theres no way i can get onto orange world without the wifi?

Sorry for not understanding, Im just stumped.

Cheersr.
    06-23-09 01:36 PM
    I had this exact same problem!

I recently bought a blackberry pearl 8120 on Orange (UK) and i had the same browser problem as you!

What you ned to do is ring up Orange on 450, use the option menus to get through to customer service and then ask them to activate your blackberry internet service and email.

Then after talking with customer service, you should receive confirmation texts and settings to your phone, and an email setup option should appear in the settings menu.

Jeff.
    06-24-09 07:14 AM
    Excellent, Cheers for the info mate.
    06-26-09 07:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD