Hi, Ive had my 8120 for a few months and the past week the battery has started to drain really fast. I leave it on charge overnight and usually that will last me a day or two, but now it gets down to 3 bars in an hour or so and then is on the red and cant make calls soon after that.
    Last night my phone was fully charged last night so i left it on and by the morning - 8 hours - it was totally flat. Today I used a fully charged brand new battery and it was flat in minutes.

I havent installed any new software and disabled bluetooth but its still giving me problems.

Does anyone have any ideas pls?
    tks
    02-10-09 11:25 AM
    Do you have facebook installed? It's been known to kill batteries. Also, hold down the ALT Key and hit the ESC (to the right of the trackball) key - this activates the application switcher and you can see what apps you're running. There might be something running that's draining that battery.

Also, are you in a low signal area? If so your BB might be trying to sync up with the cell towers constantly, which would drain the battery.
    02-10-09 01:23 PM
    I had a similar problem with Facebook, it stopped me receiving emails, the little blue arrows went nuts and my battery barely lasted a day.

I was told to delete my email account using my carrier's BIS with Facebook still on the BB, and then reapply the email account. It seemed to work.

Hope this helps.
    02-10-09 02:03 PM
    Tks Dubs. I checked and had gogle maps running so closed it, also had BB messenger but that wont close fro some reason.
    I deleted the icons for facebook and other msg software; i dont use em and it annoys me that the software is on my BB and i cant remove it.
    tks
    02-10-09 02:04 PM
    addled -

there's no way to close blackberry messenger, it's always running.
    02-10-09 03:25 PM
    Tks all, seems to be ok now.
    02-10-09 05:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD