Hi there,

I nuked my Storm 2 the other day when I updated an app and have come to the conclusion that the only way to get rid off the white screen of death (App error552) is to wipe it and start again. Only problem is when I connect using apploader I don't get the option of USB PIN Unknown when I plug the device in. I've taken the battery out and followed the instructions to the letter, but it recognises my PIN every time.

Any advice welcomed!

Thanks
    I'm confused. It's supposed to connect with your pin. Only way anything can happen.
    10-09-10 04:45 PM
    The problem is that I can't catch it out of the reboot cycle by hitting 'Next' when it flashes up USB PIN Unknown, because it flashes straight up with my PIN. If I hit the Next button, it just says a fatal error has occured
    10-10-10 01:19 PM
    I understand the whole process that I need to do, but I cant get to the "Application Loader". When I click applications on the side it says that there arent any applications and when I click connect to device it doesnt allow me. Says to update but that I already have the update. So I click on it to update anyway and it tries to but says the internet isnt working, but it is...HELP!!!!
    10-26-10 11:54 PM
    Wow Michelle, what a confusing confluence. When you start DM, and your phone is connected, does it see your pin #? What version of DM are you using?
    10-27-10 05:00 AM
    Hey everyone,

I got the dreaded 552 error yesterday whilst out shopping.

Mine happened because I was trying to load Facebook but it was taking AGES so as we probaly all normally do, I just popped out the battery and put in back in, and waited for it to do a reload with the little clock timer thing...

It came up with "Error 552" and said to Restore Software. But I just kept trying to re-insert the battery for a good hour or so, but nothing...

One thing that did cross my mind was that the previous day I saw i only had like 10MB left on my memory card that comes with your Blackberry, and just surfing the net now, that's considered very low!!!

Anyway.........

I searched the net getting home and I saw the dreaded thread of "you've lost everything, 552 error means it's wiped your blackberry blah blah blah.." Well.. it hasn't, and it DIDN'T!!

Here's why..

I found a thread that said if you download the "BLACKBERRY SWISS ARMY KNIFE" you can connect to your Blackberry and delete Applications such as the Facebook app etc.. to create space, but also back them up on your computer BEFOREHAND so you won't lose any, hurray!

I connected my Blackberry to my computer first WITHOUT the battery in. My computer didn't even see it was connected but I heard the little sound your computer makes when something gets connected to it, and my Dad said, "Blackberry's are like mini computers, if you hear that sound, you're fine and you can ALWAYS talk to a Blackberry via a computer". Great wisdom, eh??

So load up the Blackberry Swiss Army Knife App.. (by the way I'm doing this from memory 24 hours ago, so sorry to sound vague/long-winded!! )

If your Blackberry (and it most likely will) just come up with the no battery sign on it, unplug it from your computer and pop the battery back in, and reconnect. It should then be recognised on the BSAKA (Blackberry Swiss Army Knife App) If you have nothing, try clicking the reconnect button until it gives in, 'cos it does!!! Mine took a good hour or so fiddling about, but it's well worth it!

It should say what your Blackberry is so 8900 curve etc.. if not, don't panic! PLEASE DON'T PRESS WIPE OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT AS YOU WILL LOSE EVERYTHING AND IT MAY NOT EVEN CURE IT!!!!!!

On the second page (if I remember correctly) there's a button that says Back-up app's or something, PRESS THAT. And you'll get a list of all the Applications on your phone - a sign to see that your phone isn't actually toast! Mine again did take a few trys, but it honestly does work. Save the Applications, which includes even the Camera icon, Alarm, and even the ones you've downloaded etc..

You'll see on the first page it says "Load OS" this means Load your Operating System. Press this button Another screen will pop up and just press next on that. Your phone should have two little computer thingys talking to each other which is a good sign. If you manage to get through the second page of this Load OS, you'll find a button that says "advanced" which states to delete all applications or delete everything, with mine it wouldn't even let me press delete all applications but DON'T PRESS DELETE EVERYTHING! Just simply click next.

It'll go to a page say Connecting to device. With my Blackberry, it took 3 attemps and I got lucky, I tried slipping the battery in and out quickly for it to realised it was there, but no luck, and I just kept persisting and it DOES work. After all that, it reloads everything on the Blackberry, and you should see your operator (with mine it was o2) logo on the screen which you normally get at a normal turn on of the phone. And like magic, it's done!!

The ONLY thing that was missing, well it wasn't even missing, was the usual layout of the Blackberry icons. So say, you Blackberry message icon is normally the first app, it goes back to where it was originally placed in the factory, so number 2. But even my calendar was still there, my pictures, my call log, my notes, emails, browser history, videos, without even wiping the thing!

But just keep persisting with the "Blackberry Swiss Army Knife" application, and you can do the Load OS from the Blackberry Desktop Software that you can download free from Blackberry's website. But if this does work for you, PLEASEEEEE Back-up your stuff just incase!!

ERROR 552 DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE TO DO A WHOLE SYSTEM RESTORE AND LOSE EVERYTHING, THIS IS THE LAST VITAL OPTION, AND THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER WAYS TO SOLVE THIS SILLY ERROR! IT IS NORMALLY CAUSED BY LOW MEMORY, BUT PLEASE TRY THIS OPTION FIRST!
    10-28-10 10:05 AM
    hello, ive been trying endlessly to fix my error 552. i downloaded the desktop manager and downloaded software v5. when i try and update it i get an error message saying that i must subscribe to blackberry account. Ive read on a few forums about app loader and loader.exe but when i go to program files/research in motion a folder comes up that says desktop manager and in there i cant find app loader or loader.exe anywhere. If someone could please give me advice on how to fix my blackberry it will be highly appreciated. thankin you in advance
    11-08-10 04:15 PM
    Hi guys, need ur help in fixing the 552 error for my 8900 Curve. i have tried doing it as per some given solutions, but i still cant figure it out. i have the following issues in wiping out my existing OS:

� The JL_Cmder file wudn't install in my sys (using a windows 7). When i install, it stays for a second and disappears.
    � I cant find the "application loader" tab in my Desktop software (v 6.0.0.43)
    � I have downloaded my carrier specified BB OS, but cant install it onto my system.

Need help....ASAP!
    Duchan Hillz likes this.
    11-11-10 09:29 AM
    help please i have got the 552 error ..... and i haven't got a usb cable !
    is thay any other way pleasee
    12-18-10 04:52 AM
    I JUST had this problem after installing the ap news app and restarting. I couldn't get rid of the error and it didn't look like my 8900 was connecting to the desktop software. I chose the "application loader" option and did "start". When it asks for password just press OK to bypass. I then deleted the ap news app and it was miraciously working! No need for reinstalling OS and didn't lose anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hi,

I just tried this (AppLoader), it said it was successfully updated but the message came up again!! This is really annoying! I think I will just have to contact my carrier....
    01-28-11 07:08 AM
    i just got this error on my curve and im just followed the advice of stringer bell....it currently says that its connecting to device (this task might take up to 30 minutes to complete)

i sooo hope this works as i need my phone for work!!
    04-10-11 10:17 PM
    Sorry rocker, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but your OS has been toasted. You'll need to reload the OS. Your BB can be saved, all data on the device will be lost, but you can recover from your last backup, hopefully you've done a backup recently.
    04-22-11 12:57 PM
    My Storm1 just got a white screen with App 552 Error... How do I fix it?
    08-15-11 08:34 PM
    hey guys, everybody says it will only work if you have a connector and whatnot. I left my connector in Dubai. How can i fix this "RELOAD SOFTWARES 552" thing without a connector? Or can i jusy buy one?
    03-07-12 09:23 PM
    hey guys, everybody says it will only work if you have a connector and whatnot. I left my connector in Dubai. How can i fix this "RELOAD SOFTWARES 552" thing without a connector? Or can i jusy buy one?
    You can get a USB at virtually all carrier or electronics stores.
    03-07-12 09:28 PM
    You can get a USB at virtually all carrier or electronics stores.
    yeah i'll buy one this friday thanks!
    03-08-12 01:41 AM
    OH MY GOSH! THANKS GUYS! I JUST GOT MY PHONE BACK! IT WORKED. JUST GO TO C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader AND THEN UNINSTALL YOUR RECENT APP THEN BAMMMM thaaaank you!
    03-10-12 03:38 AM
    if your blackberry cant connect to the computer just go to: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\RIMDeviceManager and delete all the contents. second: uninstall the BB desktop manager and re-install. this should work. after doing so just reconnect your BB to your computer and click on BB DTM (desktop manager) re-install the OS and your good to go from there.
    11-07-13 01:44 PM
    my blackberry desktop software 7.1.0.41 has refused to read my device, what can I do about it, is the desktop software the same as the blackberry desktop manager or the are totally two different things?
    01-07-15 09:10 AM
    my blackberry desktop software 7.1.0.41 has refused to read my device, what can I do about it, is the desktop software the same as the blackberry desktop manager or the are totally two different things?
    It's one in the same, they just changed the name along the way.

Could be your USB cable. Make sure it's a genuine BlackBerry cable, and if you have a spare try it first. If not, try the following and if that fails get a new cable.

I would suggest as written above, to uninstall Desktop Manager, remove the RIM folder, run CCleaner for lingering registry entries, reboot, check Ccleaner again, download a fresh copy of Desktop Manager and try again.
    01-07-15 09:19 AM
119 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD