Hello,

I have been seeing messages and commercials about 3G this and that. I have a Verizon Pearl 8130, and on the back of the device, it does say 3G CDMA. I seem to only connect to 1XEV in my greatest service areas.

I guess my question is, can 3G be enabled for this device, is it at an extra cost?

How much "better" is 3G over 1X-EVDO connections?

Mike
    02-12-09 09:53 AM
    EVDO is 3G. The GSM carriers are just starting to get the high speed Internet capabilities that the CDMA carriers have had for a while now so they're making a big deal out of "3G". IMHO, the only downside to the CDMA version of wireless high speed is that you can't use the phone and and the data at the same time.
    02-12-09 10:46 AM
    Hello,

Thanks! So I am essentially already getting a 3G connection? Has anyone been able to successfully view things like YouTube videos, using the Blackberry internet browser?

Is the Firefox mobile web brwoser almost ready for the market?

Mike
    02-12-09 12:35 PM
    Hello,

Thanks! So I am essentially already getting a 3G connection? Has anyone been able to successfully view things like YouTube videos, using the Blackberry internet browser?

Is the Firefox mobile web browser almost ready for the market?

Mike
    02-12-09 12:36 PM
    Hello,

Mike
    02-12-09 12:37 PM
    Hello,

Mike
    02-12-09 12:38 PM
    Hello,

Mike
    02-12-09 12:57 PM
    Yes, you are getting 3G service. My first attempts at viewing YouTube videos didn't go so well on my phone when I first got it. I think that was more due to the BB software than anything else. This past weekend I visited YouTube and had no problem viewing a video. I currently run the new 4.5 release from Sprint.
    02-12-09 01:07 PM
    yeah, you have to upgrade your OS to 4.5. Try m.youtube.com instead of the www site.
    02-12-09 01:41 PM
    Ha! I've never been able to view them before. After I read your post I looked again, and it worked! !?

Thanks! haha.
    02-12-09 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD